Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need for someone to say some quick prayers!!!
I shipped two boxes of birds Monday. One to NY and one to NE. The one to NY was supposed to be there by 3:00 PM yesterday. It ain't. No updates on the USPS web site as of a few minutes ago.
The one going to NE was just updated and it was "misrouted".........don't know which direction it went in on it's "misroute"......don't know anything. It was supposed to arrive by 3:00 PM today.
I"M PISSED.:mad:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh dear :(

Hopefully they'll get there soon, maybe the information on the system isn't accurate? I'm sure you'll hear good news soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just called an 800 number on the PO web site. Got the run around,, but FINALLY got to talk to a REAL person........they've initiated a search and are supposed to call me back with any information. That's the box going to NY. The other one was guaranteed for delivery at 3:00 today, so if the box doesn't make it by then, then I can call and have a search done on it too, but I have to wait for the original delivery time.

·
Registered
328 Posts
In the past I have shipped birds on monday and they didn't arrive until Saturday. Needless to say some were dead. They will refund the postage and pay up to $100. but that don't bring the birds back. Jim

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the past I have shipped birds on monday and they didn't arrive until Saturday. Needless to say some were dead. They will refund the postage and pay up to $100. but that don't bring the birds back. Jim
Well, let's hope that doesn't happen. (knock on wood), I've never had a problem shipping birds. Never. Guess there's a first time for everything. I know we have members who won't ship birds and think it's cruel. I guess when things don't go right, then maybe it is, but it's after the fact. When the day comes that birds can't be shipped any more, there's going to be a lot "cruelty" happening. :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hopefully that won't happen. I'm not familiar with the postal system there concerning birds but my packages have never been misplaced so surely that's a good thing? :) Plus it's not a busy time such as Christmas etc so hopefully it will be fine. Don't be shy about calling and following up with them, I've found that in general following up on things is usually effective.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I hope the birds make it there safely
I've been through the where are my birds bit with the USPS

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Need for someone to say some quick prayers!!!
I shipped two boxes of birds Monday. One to NY and one to NE. The one to NY was supposed to be there by 3:00 PM yesterday. It ain't. No updates on the USPS web site as of a few minutes ago.
The one going to NE was just updated and it was "misrouted".........don't know which direction it went in on it's "misroute"......don't know anything. It was supposed to arrive by 3:00 PM today.
I"M PISSED.:mad:
I don't blame you!...I shipped monday also to Staten island NY and they did get there, thank God this morn a 7:50 this morning....I was freaking yesterday, but did not want to flip too much, as I have got birds the third day and they were fine. needless to say, I told the guy getting the birds to send me the recipt he signs with the time on it and Im going to get him his money back...something happend yesterday going to ny....

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hopefully that won't happen. I'm not familiar with the postal system there concerning birds but my packages have never been misplaced so surely that's a good thing? :) Plus it's not a busy time such as Christmas etc so hopefully it will be fine. Don't be shy about calling and following up with them, I've found that in general following up on things is usually effective.
I think they handle the birds differently than they do the regular mail.
When I did finally track down my birds they came out of a post office in a totally different city than the one my regular mail did.
Also they tried to deliver the birds to my house.
I wasnt there and that caused a mix up.
I thought they didnt take them to your home and had to pick them up personally.
Also I had my phone number on the box but I was told by a post master that they WILL NOT call lol
I find that dumb
it clearly says on the box that there are live birds in it.
they should just call and make everyones life easier ;)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're thinking that what happened is the two boxes got sent in the wrong direction. They both left here and made it to Roanoke, VA and after that, the box going to NE has wound up in PA this morning and the one going to NY is who knows where??? The birds will be ok. Even if they don't make it until tomorrow, but that ain't the point. Seems to me that when you see "LIVE BIRDS" you'd take a tiny bit of extra precaution to make sure things go like they are supposed to. My husband said, they just see another piece of mail........that's BS far as I'm concerned. I've spoken to two different people this morning and they're "supposedly" trying to figure out what's going on and give me a call. We'll see.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
We're thinking that what happened is the two boxes got sent in the wrong direction. They both left here and made it to Roanoke, VA and after that, the box going to NE has wound up in PA this morning and the one going to NY is who knows where??? The birds will be ok. Even if they don't make it until tomorrow, but that ain't the point. Seems to me that when you see "LIVE BIRDS" you'd take a tiny bit of extra precaution to make sure things go like they are supposed to. My husband said, they just see another piece of mail........that's BS far as I'm concerned. I've spoken to two different people this morning and they're "supposedly" trying to figure out what's going on and give me a call. We'll see.
you know sometimes it works out great, I got a pair from TX, the guy shipped them on a monday evening and the birds were at my post at 9am the next morning, that is the fastest so far, another from NC to me on a monday, did not get to me till wed afternoon....i think it is the comercial carrier planes that get screwed up.....one head ach after another with those folks....

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you know sometimes it works out great, I got a pair from TX, the guy shipped them on a monday evening and the birds were at my post at 9am the next morning, that is the fastest so far, another from NC to me on a monday, did not get to me till wed afternoon....i think it is the comercial carrier planes that get screwed up.....one head ach after another with those folks....
Yea, when I ship birds to George, he gets them early the next morning.
UPDATE: The bird going to NE has now been processed in PA, so hopefully it's on it's way TO NE and not CA or China. :rolleyes:
Still no update at all on the one going to NY.:(:mad:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good News

The birds going to NY arrived at 8:30 this morning at the PO. Just got a phone call verifying that and the PO tracking web site has been updated. So, one down, one to go.............

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
im glad you were able to find one set.
I hope you find the others and they are all safe and sound :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Also I had my phone number on the box but I was told by a post master that they WILL NOT call lol
I find that dumb
it clearly says on the box that there are live birds in it.
they should just call and make everyones life easier ;)

Thats could be your PO because I always get a call to come pick up the pigeons at the office, in fact the last time I got a call at 5 AM that the birds were there waiting for me.:)

Crossing my fingers for your birds Renee.:D

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's great news. I just got a call about the other birds and they've been picked up and are getting water, etc as we speak. I was told (and I quote)........"they are SO fat"..............LOL

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This what's posted on the USPS web site right now.

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 9:49 AM on December 3, 2008 in BELLMAWR, NJ 08099. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.

The address and/or zip code is correct on the shipping label AND on the reciept from the Post Office. The zip code is 68344 and they came up with 08099????? Sounds like an idiot is working somewhere between here and NJ. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts