Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question, how many days would it take to ship bird from CA to NC

one or two day?

i want to get off work to do this but i ask the sender how many days he said one day only but when we send chicken over there it takes 2.

so can anyone help me on this?

·
Registered
503 Posts
It will usually takes 2 to 3 days. I highly suggest find out what time the mail get sent out or call your post office and ask what time their mail go out. This way the birds doesn't spend too long in the box. Also only ship birds Monday and Tuesday this way if there is a delay you will still be sure to get the birds before the weekend. Make sure you have the approve shipping box for live birds or yur post office will not accept your birds.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Soy is right, it'll be about 2-3 days. They only ship the birds "Overnight Express". Call your local post office and get details on how you go about shipping live birds. They'll give you all the info you'll need.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
you call your post and tell them you are expecting live birds, and you want to pick them up at the post and have them call you as soon as they come in, it most likely will be early in the am the next day or the third day. tell the shipper to put your phone number on the label on the box. I have gotten birds from TX to VA shipped monday and my post called early tuesday morning...so it can happen to get them the next day...but do not worry if it is the third day. and get the tracking # from the person that shipped the birds so you can track them online at the USPS site.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It all depend on your post office. I highly suggest putting any phone numbers that they can get a hold of you right away. That way once the birds arrive and before it get to the truck for distribution your post office will call you and let you know that your birds arrive, they will usually ask you if you want it put on the truck or if your going to pick it up. The problem if you agree for the birds to be deliver is the time you get your mail. If you are in the last route you probably wont get your birds til the afternoon, unless the mailman is concern about the birds, then you add the heat and the boucing around of the truck, so give your number, ask for a tracking number, go to www.usps.com that way you can track where your birds at and what time you anticipate them to arrive you can also get an e-mail confirmation on the status of where the birds are. Also call you post office the day you expect your birds and let him know to call you once they arrive, its all about the health and safety of the birds.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Yep, always put the phone number. My local post offices won't ship anything live without some kind of phone number on the box; I'm glad they check! And yes, you have to go pick the birds up. I don't think they would bring them to your house, unless they couldn't get a hold of you. It's too much responsibility on the mail carrier's part (plus, they may not have room in the car, haha).

·
Registered
857 Posts
Blong, go to:
http://postcalc.usps.gov/
and run the zip codes through the shipping aid. It will tell you when they should arrive by.
Since last Fall, when they stopped honoring the guaranteed arrival time for live birds, the Post Office is frequently late.
They still do a good job at delivering the pigeons in good shape.
Most destinations take 1 to 2 days and farther distances, because of air mail, usually have quicker deliveries then closer ones.
Keith

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blong, go to:
http://postcalc.usps.gov/
and run the zip codes through the shipping aid. It will tell you when they should arrive by.
Since last Fall, when they stopped honoring the guaranteed arrival time for live birds, the Post Office is frequently late.
They still do a good job at delivering the pigeons in good shape.
Most destinations take 1 to 2 days and farther distances, because of air mail, usually have quicker deliveries then closer ones.
Keith
OMG keith that was so helpful..it said 2 days ..now i know for sure

thank you

·
Registered
857 Posts
Blong, you're welcome. Remember there is still a chance they can be early or late.
In my experience, over half of the time when shipping is supposed to take 2 days, it only takes one.
Keith

1 - 14 of 14 Posts