Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really dont understand this I live in Chicago IL and when i order pigeons from differnet states shipping always changes like i wanted to order pigeons from NC and the guy told me shipping was 36 which isnt bad but yesterday i tried to order other pigeons from Minnesota which is obviously way closer to chicago then North carlonia and the shipping was $50. i just wanna know how does this works ???:confused::confused::confused:

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
How many pigeons in each shipment?
The guy said $36---was that what it cost you?
The $50--is that what it cost you?
Or was that just "hear say"?
Maybe the weight makes a difference?
Next day or 2 days?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
It all comes down to where it has to go in order to get there. Different zones cost different amounts.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
some do charge more for shipping.. you need to account for their time and gas driving to the post office and taking time to do it.. so some may tac on a bit more...and as Becky (the graduate...lol..) said depending on where they are coming from the trucks and planes may have longer trips.. example I got birds from TX to me in va.. they dropped them at the post at 6 in the evening Texas time..they were here at 7 am the next morning.. then got some from south carolina..it took two days.. not sure why..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Express Mail is based on the total weight of the package and the shipping and destination zip codes.
There is a postal calculator at:
http://postcalc.usps.gov/
To use the calculator enter the shipping zip code, the destination zip code, select package and enter the total weight (pigeons plus box).
Hit continue and the price of shipping is the one given for Express Mail.
The price the Post Office charges does not seem to be based much on distance.
It costs more to ship to a lot of closer states to me than farther ones.
Major cities typically have very fast delivery; usually next day by noon. Many small towns are 2nd day by 3:00PM.
Fed Ex actually carries most of the live animals for the Post Office.
I ship a lot of pigeons and overall the Post Office does a very good job, at getting them to their destination safely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any information on cross-border shipping or if it is even possible? I am in disbelief with how much wider and plentiful dove and pigeon breeds are in the states. I swear finding a legitimate breeder that I feel like I can trust seems more unlikely everytime I sit down and try and find what I want!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts