Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all,
took my son fishing today. He called me to "come over and look at these huge birds" Oh, man, now what does he think he sees? I went over and had the chance to see 3 adult whooping cranes feeding !! Guess I'll have to listen to my son more often.
Daryl

· Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Snicker ! Snort ! Oh, Pidgey, you bird brain ! :rolleyes:
No, I didn't get too close, so no exposure. I was too busy picking my chin up off the ground. Whoopers are unbelievably rare, And to see them up here, well, I don't know when a sighting was last recorded. Thank God, my son saw them, and I made sure to point them out to any one interested, or otherwise.
Daryl

· Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
redeemed at last

Well, you lovely people, remember when I started this post? Now, come on, Maine isn't even near the migration path of Whoopers, just check it out on the internet. Everyone who is in to birding that I told about this basically told me I was nuts, loco en la cabesa. Last week, one of the docs I work with was telling me about how he likes to fish and canoe at "the causeway", the place I saw these spectacular birds. The conversation went on to me saying "Well, Jonathan, you're going to think I'm crazy, but a few summers back, I saw 3" and he finished my sentence, "whooping cranes". I almost couldn't believe that someone else knew about them. Seems his dad is very prominent in Audubon up here in Maine and the whoopers were kept very "hush-hush" How the he() you keep people sized, white birds a secret is beyond me. These birds even nested and produced chicks that year;)
Suppose I should go to bed and get some sleep, have to work tomorrow.
Daryl
P.S. know the saying "The check is in the mail"? Well, in my case, Renee, the box is in the mail. Just let me know about shipping cost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.