Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Beautiful pics 😍 ! Thanks for sharing and for the great idea!

I love all my birds so it's not easy to choose a few photos 😅.
In the first photo you can see my broken wing pigeon Apple with her husband Marshall, they love each other so much and they support each other in all situations!
The second one is a funny pic of my lovely Aurora... wearing a Elizabethan collar ruff 🤣!
In the third one my wonderful blind pigeon Geordi and in the last one mum Caterina with her daughter Nora June!

OK, now I'll stop 😅.

Attachments

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that is little Des himself!! He truly is a spectacle to look at. He’s molting some of his black feathers out for white right now, a true Tiger grizzle it seems :) Thank you Colombina! 😭 your pigeons all look so adorable and well loved, I’d love to see more pics of them if you ever get the urge!!

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Yes that is little Des himself!! He truly is a spectacle to look at. He’s molting some of his black feathers out for white right now, a true Tiger grizzle it seems :) Thank you Colombina! 😭 your pigeons all look so adorable and well loved, I’d love to see more pics of them if you ever get the urge!!
Yes, he is wonderful 😍! As you said he truly is a spectacle to look at ! Would love to see more pics, it's nice to see them growing up!

Thank you so much, you are very kind! Of course, here are some more pics 😁 :

- another pic of my sweet Aurora ;

- Nora June kissing her husband "Ciccio" Hastings (btw, he is Aurora's brother);

- Londo, she is a real fighter;

Attachments

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Colombina, how do you pronounce "Ciccio"? Your birds look adorable!! 😭 the birds kissing awh pigeons are so affectionate (unless they’re my Avris who seems to have suddenly hit her Terrible Teens on me and hates my hand now, really sad from how things used to be :C)
What a great picture of Londo, look at that face! What a striking bird wow.. those are some great colors!

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here’s a little Des compilation special 😂 we got everything from looking cute to freshly out of the bird bath to passing out in his favorite corner of my room.. and I think his feathers look awesome so a closeup of those!
Bird Beak Toy Feather Snout
Carnivore Tire Whiskers Fawn Terrestrial animal
Bird White Light Neck Beak

Hair Head Eye Plant Grey

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thankyou Chrysurus,
Its taken a long time and alot of breeding to try and achieve what I want from my B.ham Rollers
The white head wings and tail almost make them look like they are wearing different suits.
Huey,Duey and Louie are my freaks of nature ,Mum laid three eggs.(The parents are going to need a break after these guys.)
And Kabluey same parents again from a previous nest.
They do all the work ,I just watch.
HAHA yeah three little squeakers gets crowded fast huh 😁 sounds like the parents did a great job and you, too!!
The suit comment - I hadn’t thought about it but you are so right. They really do look like that! I love how variable pigeons are, one of my favorite things about them. But even more than that, I love the way they move, eat, preen, coo, interact with each other, their incredible history, mysterious navigational skills, how they fly- I guess I just really love pigeons, huh. HAHA

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Colombina, how do you pronounce "Ciccio"? Your birds look adorable!! 😭 the birds kissing awh pigeons are so affectionate (unless they’re my Avris who seems to have suddenly hit her Terrible Teens on me and hates my hand now, really sad from how things used to be :C)
What a great picture of Londo, look at that face! What a striking bird wow.. those are some great colors!
Here’s a little Des compilation special 😂 we got everything from looking cute to freshly out of the bird bath to passing out in his favorite corner of my room.. and I think his feathers look awesome so a closeup of those!
View attachment 99590 View attachment 99591 View attachment 99593
View attachment 99592
Very nice.
I love that fish scale pattern in the feathers ,
If you didn't know it was a pigeon you would think it was a koi fish.
Thanks so much from my birds, Chrysurus!!!
Ahah, it's my vet who gave him the nickname "Ciccio" 🤣. If you, your family and your birds will come to Italy for a holiday I will show you how to pronounce it 😁🤣.

Yes, that's true, pigeons are so affectionate!

Even my blind pigeon Geordi had a terrible teenager phase! Each time we had to hand feed him we had to spend some time "fighting" : we fought a bit and then he ate! Probably during that period he was used to wear studded bracelets and a biker jacket... 😅.

Wow!!! I love the little Des compilation special 😍😍! Agree, wonderful fish pattern in the feathers! Beautiful close-up photo!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts