Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
LOL Rockin Roller I love your names for your pigeons!! They all look so sweet and so pretty! I love the white faces all around haha, they got personality :D
The squeaker in the front of your first pic could almost pass for a seagull 馃挄馃槀 super cute look

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Colombina, how do you pronounce "Ciccio"? Your birds look adorable!! 馃槶 the birds kissing awh pigeons are so affectionate (unless they鈥檙e my Avris who seems to have suddenly hit her Terrible Teens on me and hates my hand now, really sad from how things used to be :C)
What a great picture of Londo, look at that face! What a striking bird wow.. those are some great colors!

Registered
LOL Rockin Roller I love your names for your pigeons!! They all look so sweet and so pretty! I love the white faces all around haha, they got personality :D
The squeaker in the front of your first pic could almost pass for a seagull 馃挄馃槀 super cute look
Thankyou Chrysurus,
Its taken a long time and alot of breeding to try and achieve what I want from my B.ham Rollers
The white head wings and tail almost make them look like they are wearing different suits.
Huey,Duey and Louie are my freaks of nature ,Mum laid three eggs.(The parents are going to need a break after these guys.)
And Kabluey same parents again from a previous nest.
They do all the work ,I just watch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here鈥檚 a little Des compilation special 馃槀 we got everything from looking cute to freshly out of the bird bath to passing out in his favorite corner of my room.. and I think his feathers look awesome so a closeup of those!
Bird Beak Toy Feather Snout
Carnivore Tire Whiskers Fawn Terrestrial animal
Bird White Light Neck Beak

Hair Head Eye Plant Grey

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thankyou Chrysurus,
Its taken a long time and alot of breeding to try and achieve what I want from my B.ham Rollers
The white head wings and tail almost make them look like they are wearing different suits.
Huey,Duey and Louie are my freaks of nature ,Mum laid three eggs.(The parents are going to need a break after these guys.)
And Kabluey same parents again from a previous nest.
They do all the work ,I just watch.
HAHA yeah three little squeakers gets crowded fast huh 馃榿 sounds like the parents did a great job and you, too!!
The suit comment - I hadn鈥檛 thought about it but you are so right. They really do look like that! I love how variable pigeons are, one of my favorite things about them. But even more than that, I love the way they move, eat, preen, coo, interact with each other, their incredible history, mysterious navigational skills, how they fly- I guess I just really love pigeons, huh. HAHA

Registered

Registered
HAHA yeah three little squeakers gets crowded fast huh 馃榿 sounds like the parents did a great job and you, too!!
The suit comment - I hadn鈥檛 thought about it but you are so right. They really do look like that! I love how variable pigeons are, one of my favorite things about them. But even more than that, I love the way they move, eat, preen, coo, interact with each other, their incredible history, mysterious navigational skills, how they fly- I guess I just really love pigeons, huh. HAHA
Here here.
Well said.(my wife thinks I love them more than her.)no comment.
Hahahaha 馃ぃ.

Registered
Colombina, how do you pronounce "Ciccio"? Your birds look adorable!! 馃槶 the birds kissing awh pigeons are so affectionate (unless they鈥檙e my Avris who seems to have suddenly hit her Terrible Teens on me and hates my hand now, really sad from how things used to be :C)
What a great picture of Londo, look at that face! What a striking bird wow.. those are some great colors!
Here鈥檚 a little Des compilation special 馃槀 we got everything from looking cute to freshly out of the bird bath to passing out in his favorite corner of my room.. and I think his feathers look awesome so a closeup of those!
View attachment 99590 View attachment 99591 View attachment 99593
View attachment 99592
Very nice.
I love that fish scale pattern in the feathers ,
If you didn't know it was a pigeon you would think it was a koi fish.
Thanks so much from my birds, Chrysurus!!!
Ahah, it's my vet who gave him the nickname "Ciccio" 馃ぃ. If you, your family and your birds will come to Italy for a holiday I will show you how to pronounce it 馃榿馃ぃ.

Yes, that's true, pigeons are so affectionate!

Even my blind pigeon Geordi had a terrible teenager phase! Each time we had to hand feed him we had to spend some time "fighting" : we fought a bit and then he ate! Probably during that period he was used to wear studded bracelets and a biker jacket... 馃槄.

Wow!!! I love the little Des compilation special 馃槏馃槏! Agree, wonderful fish pattern in the feathers! Beautiful close-up photo!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The fish scales - yes!!! Absolutely looks like fish scales I love it my bird looks like a fish and yours look like seagulls, we got next Halloween down 馃憣馃憣

LOL Colombina!! What鈥檚 said on the crazy pigeon people forums, stays on the crazy pigeon people forum, the secret is guarded by our mass of birds 馃惁馃挄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Oh, PLEASE! I would LOVE to come to Italy! You鈥檙e right, we three are all from different parts of the globe that鈥檚 kinda neat! And man hearing your sweet bird Geordi鈥檚 teen biker story does make me feel a little better. I feel like I need a teen parent support circle over this damn bird 馃挄 how long did it last for Geordi?

Registered
The fish scales - yes!!! Absolutely looks like fish scales I love it my bird looks like a fish and yours look like seagulls, we got next Halloween down 馃憣馃憣

LOL Colombina!! What鈥檚 said on the crazy pigeon people forums, stays on the crazy pigeon people forum, the secret is guarded by our mass of birds 馃惁馃挄
I love halloween, 馃巸馃懝馃ぁ馃懟馃馃懡
And I'm good at keeping secrets.馃檲馃檴馃檳
Let's party bring your birds.馃帄馃帀
Where are we going馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I love halloween, 馃巸馃懝馃ぁ馃懟馃馃懡
And I'm good at keeping secrets.馃檲馃檴馃檳
Let's party bring your birds.馃帄馃帀
Where are we going馃槑
Oh you best believe it, if I could travel right now and hang out with a bunch of other bird lovers and their round fluffballs, I would 馃槱馃憣

Here鈥檚 some more of Avris in the meantime, back when she loved getting constant head scratches
Hand Netbook Mobile phone Communication Device Gesture

Bird Beak Gesture Grey Finger

Registered
Oh, PLEASE! I would LOVE to come to Italy! You鈥檙e right, we three are all from different parts of the globe that鈥檚 kinda neat! And man hearing your sweet bird Geordi鈥檚 teen biker story does make me feel a little better. I feel like I need a teen parent support circle over this damn bird 馃挄 how long did it last for Geordi?
Great! One day we will organize a pigeon lovers meeting, I'll wait for you all in Italy 馃榿! Of course, bring your birds!

I'm sorry but in all honesty I don't remember how long the teenager biker phase last (I adopted Geordi in summer 2015)... For a while... But fortunately it stopped 馃槈. Be patient, hopefully even Avris will get over her teenager phase. Btw, thanks for the pics, she's so cute 馃槏.

I attach a few more pics:

- as you talked about Halloween you can see Geordi with a spider 馃暩馃巸 and a photo of Geordi wearing his bathrobe;

- Aurora on my head and on my knee after a bath.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
You are actually KILLING ME these pictures are too much to handle, that last picture is so damn cute!!! 馃槶馃憣馃挴

I love your birds!! Haha the spider really blends in being black, perfect Halloween bird :D

Ohh I see, was Geordi already in the 鈥榩hase鈥 when you guys adopted him?

And thank you, I agree Avris is adorable 馃挄 she is the love of my life. It鈥檚 weird, she still wants to be with me 24/7 and preens my hair and face鈥 but the moment she sees my hands now, the war is on LOL

Registered
Wow 馃槏馃槏馃槏!!!! Sooo lovely!!! I love those pics, she's sooo sweet 鉂 and looks so comfortable !!! And Des.... Absolutely adorable! And what an intense gaze! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks soo much from all my birds!

We adopted Geordi when was still a baby. My French vet sent me an email saying that he was looking for a family for a probable blind pigeon and so I asked to my brother to go to the clinic to take him (I was in Italy). My dad brought him to Italy. The teenager phase started later. We (still) have to hand feed him twice a day because he is not able to eat enough on his own. Well... As I said earlier each time we had to "fight" before... No boxing no eating 馃馃槄!

A few more pics:

- Aurora cooking our dinner 馃槀 and a funny close-up photo (uhmm.... Maybe I'm wrong, that's not Aurora, it's the Loch Ness monster 馃懢馃ぃ);

- Geordi at Christmas time;

- a funny pic of Marshall.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 51 Posts