Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi, you know those big nest boxes are about 10 to 12 inches deep your loft is not 4 feet wide anymore it is now about 3 feet wide now i dont know how you can even put 30 pigeons in that loft

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi Carlo, im not trying to be the bad guy here, i am just pointing out a few things dont get mad at me ok you are the only guy that has the right setup on the loft you made a very nice landing board and the right size, most people make them so small like a postage stamp im sure you know how to break in a young bird team most guys dont have a clue at what there doing. you dont have to prove anything to me, those pics of your birds every one of them looked real sharp and very healthy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Carlo, im not trying to be the bad guy here, i am just pointing out a few things dont get mad at me ok you are the only guy that has the right setup on the loft you made a very nice landing board and the right size, most people make them so small like a postage stamp im sure you know how to break in a young bird team most guys dont have a clue at what there doing. you dont have to prove anything to me, those pics of your birds every one of them looked real sharp and very healthy
I know . I’m not disagreeing with you on my loft being over crowded. I originally made the coop for 12-20 birds. I know an over crowded loft causes stress which can cause sickness. I have had birds my whole life and so has my father. I keep the loft clean and the birds are out every day.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi Carlo,

My loft is about the same size as yours, but I can only fit the most 12 birds.
I wish I could fix more, what type of perches do you use?
How to you organize your nest boxes and perches to accommodate so many birds?
Does each bird have a perch?

Thanks

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi, that loft is not wide enough 4ft more would be ok and the birds should not just fly in from the trap there should be a landing board at least 10 inches wide so they walk in on the board then go to there nest box or perch, he does not have a landing inside his loft cause the loft is not wide enough he should have put up a board with hinges on it so he could put it up or down

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Carlo,

My loft is about the same size as yours, but I can only fit the most 12 birds.
I wish I could fix more, what type of perches do you use?
How to you organize your nest boxes and perches to accommodate so many birds?
Does each bird have a perch?

Thanks
I originally Built my loft for 12-24 birds. I have 15 10x10 boxes (normal size ) and 5 with next fronts 18x10. Each pair has their own box. Also have small simple perch don’t remember measurements. I have to many birds though

21 - 31 of 31 Posts