Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Partner and I have a dovecotte with 4 gaden fantails, two have died in very suspicious circumnstances, the first on Wednesday, My partner saw one of our male behaving strangely. and caught him too easily.

The 4 are 2 breeding pairs and have nests with eggs, all was going well untill early last week. The Cock bird we caught and took to our room to keep him warm and quiet, he was very lethargic, not eating or drinking. We started giving him warm water by syringe, boot his condition worsened and he started to loose his ballance when put down his droppinigs were watery with creamy spots, he died while my partner was holding him keeping him warm.
His mate abandonde her nest and took up with the other male and we found them both looking quiet and fluffed up on a neighbours roof, we tried to catch them but they escaped, This morning we found the female in the garden freshly dead with a discharge or vomit comming from her beak when I picked her up, The male was quiet and still in his dove cotte and we now have him in isolation in a waswr quiet room
Is this possible poison or some bird disease?
can anyone Help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both your replies, I'll have a check for slug pellets. the third Bird is indoors , does not appear to be eating or drinking but is showing plenty of spirit when he is picked up , we are giving him a warm weak salt and saline solution by mouth, he has access to water and feed( breed and wean mixed wth grit and 50% Trill). The RSPCA have suggested we look out for outher dead wild bird nearby to see if its a problem or if we have just been unlucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts