Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sick dove that I found in the snow in my back yard. It hardly moved.
I brought it in my house to warm up and gave it wild bird food and water. It’s currently in a fairly large carrier that I have used in the past for my cats. It’s was cleaned after the cat was transported in it. It still doesn’t move much.
Is there anything else that I can do to help it?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Can you post a photo of his droppings? Keep him warm for now. Can you check deep inside his beak and back of the throat for yellowish growths that might indicate canker? You can also check under his wings and body for any injuries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a photo of his droppings? Keep him warm for now. Can you check deep inside his beak and back of the throat for yellowish growths that might indicate canker? You can also check under his wings and body for any injuries.
I can’t see in the beak.
The droppings are white with some black in it. I’ll try to send a picture in the morning.
I couldn’t see any visible signs of injuries.
Thank you so much.
Ray

·
Registered
I have to racing pigeons, one is brownie and the other is chase, we are working on getting tamed.
11 Posts
I can’t see in the beak.
The droppings are white with some black in it. I’ll try to send a picture in the morning.
I couldn’t see any visible signs of injuries.
Thank you so much.
Ray
i dont think those droppings are normal... they should be brown with a white dot in it. keep an eye on him tho make sure he is eating

1 - 4 of 4 Posts