Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a wild pigeon on my front porch earlier today. I think its still a baby. I have stayed away from it hoping that if it is a baby that the mother will return but it is still there. It is eating the things it finds on the ground near by. It looks like it can walk fine but can not fly. I do not know anything about birds so I am concerned on what to do. I have picked it up and put it in a box on its side with a towel and left it outside with a bowl of water near by to drink. What else can I do?

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Hi. Please take a photo and post it here...use the "manage attachments" button when you compose your reply.

Make sure that it is out of harm's way...can any cats or other predators get to it ? etc.

Keep it warm...if outside in a box is not warm, please bring it inside and put it in a warm, heated space or use a heating pad on low, UNDERNEATH a couple of layers of towel (i.e. the pad should not be in contact w/ the bird).

Can you get some birdseed ? If it is picking at the ground, then he knows how to forage so he'd probably eat some seed.

Where are you located, perhaps someone from the Forum is nearby.

Thank you for helping the lil' pigeon :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.