Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I run a Greyhound and Lurcher rescue center and today someone came to our gates with a very flat poorly pigeon. I have checked him over and I can see no visible sign of injury at all. If I pull out his wing he snaps it back quickly, both sides but does have a bit of an odd gait at times, other times he walks normally. I put him in a box in the office and have warmed him up and as he warmed up he picked up and has drunk an electrolyte solution I have made up. He can't fly but can flap out of the box and has had a flap around the office hopping up onto stuff a few inches high. I have placed food but don't think he has eaten but has drank when I have offered it. His poo started off white and lose and is now white and green and lose and he is staying puffed up. Other than that he seems relatively calm, not phased by me and happy in his surroundings. I know if I take him to a vet for assistance they will simply euthanise, likewise local wildlife places and wondered if anyone can make any suggestions please as to how to help him. I dont have any liquid baytril here but do have metronidazole but only in tablet form. We are in Stoke on Trent incase anyone has any ideas who may help?

Edited to add its a wood pigeon not a feral x

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thanks for looking after him so well. I don't know what may be his problem as I'm new to pigeons but I know a pic of his poop might help someone else to give you a clue. If you're on Facebook join the Pigeon Rescue and Protection UK group, there's lots of folk on there who may be able to help or even take him if that's what you'd like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts