Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a sick pigeon today. He was in our yard this evening but I thought he might just be dazed etc. So I left him be for awhile, I just put some water and some seeds beside him (I saw him eat a few seeds, but I didn't see him drink any water), it's started to get dark now though so I went to check on him again and he had walked about 10 feet away from where he was before. When I first saw him, he was all puffed up sitting. This time he puffed up when I went by him but then puffed down again. Anyways, I was afraid he might get eaten by a cat, so I put him into a box with some rags around him to keep warm and put him in the garage, I'm not sure what I should do now. His wings seem fine to me, they aren't hanging or anything like that. He didn't struggle when I picked him up even just kicked his legs a bit. I live in Regina, SK, what should I do???? I'm scared for this guy and hope I can help him!!!

-Robin

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Please bring the pigeon inside your house where it's warmer than the garage. If you have a heating pad, it would be great if you would put it underneath the box and put it on the lowest setting.
I do have the name and number of a rehabber in your area. I don't know if she takes pigeons but if she doesn't she may be able to direct you to some one that does. Often they take in species other than their specialty. Here's her contact information...

Canada, Saskatchewan, (Regina)..... 306-569-7905

Holly Faubert, (founder), North American White-Tailed Hare
[email protected]
Wildlife Species:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts