Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I want to know that is metronidazole can be given to pigeon instead of Enrofloxacin ? . My friend is also pigeon keeper but beginner and his pigeon fall sick (paratyphoid), So we discussed about it and I told him about Enrofloxacin and also we searched for metronidazole and got that both a antibiotic ,discussion ended up there . Next week when i gone to his house I seen that he brought a Metronidazole solution for a human pharmacy and started giving it to pigeon in very small quantity and he said that he getting good results of it , I stopped him a brought his pigeon to my home now what should do with pigeon, Medication like Baytril is not availabel in our city and if it is in nearby city it would be very difficult to buy but pigeon need so quick medication so what should i do with it? Should i give him human metronidazole in same quantity as he given ? or Any natural treatment should be given to pigeon ?:(:(

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Metronidazole is used for canker and Baytril for other diseases. Are you sure the pigeon has parathypoid? If he was getting good results from using the metro, then you should stick to it. For an adult pigeon you can give 50 mg once daily for 7 to 10 days. I guess human metro can be used, as long as you stick to the dosage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks marina now she is with me and her condition is very good comparison to yesterday . Today she is looking little weak but i think she will be Fine tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to ask that I m also getting new pigeon in a month so what vaccination do give my pigeon ? As i said no pet centre is here so do there is any vaccination of humans that do well on them also ? Just a confusion i have no plans to give human vaccination to my pigeon i just want to that result or advice on it

·
Registered
204 Posts
I want to ask that I m also getting new pigeon in a month so what vaccination do give my pigeon ? As i said no pet centre is here so do there is any vaccination of humans that do well on them also ? Just a confusion i have no plans to give human vaccination to my pigeon i just want to that result or advice on it
I would vaccinate for-
paratyphoid
P.M.V
Pigeon Pox( if it is common in your area otherwise no need too)

No a human vaccine is not suitable for a pigeon. You will have to order the vaccine online from a pigeon product supplier.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi Pigeon_King_1308,

I have in the past, used Metronidazole on my pigeons, for a variety of ailments. I used Metronidazole for human consumption (ie. from human medicine).

They reacted positively, and I did not face any problems.

Peace.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks yasin I think i will also use it on my pigeon if anything happen in future . YaSin why you used metrondizole on your pigeon (paratypoid?) ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts