Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: hi every one
i am new to this site i use to have pigeon in india but its first time in canada
i need little help i have a pair of tipplers any time the hen lays egg she become sick she can't even move but after 4or5 days she starts to recover, and when she lays eggs again & she is same again ned help
thanks

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
she might be in need of some calcium

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
she might be in need of some calcium
I agree. You need to offer your birds oyster shell, in a dish separate form their food, all the time. Egg laying depletes the calcium form their system and so they need to replenish it constantly. Oyster shell is an inexpensive way to give calcium.
Please offer in small amounts and don't allow it to become soiled or wet. discard and replenish if that happens.
For the bird suffering now, you can buy regular Tums, cut the tablet in quarters and feed them them to her. She won't eat them on her own and so you will need to put each piece at the back of her throat and she will swallow.
Please buy oyster shell for your birds immediately. You can't afford to wait.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
hi guys thanks for helping me out, can u pls tell me how much (tums) i can feed her at a time and how often

You can crush it and sprinkle it over the seeds (a whole tablet) or dissolve in water, about half of a tablet.

Reti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.