Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Friends,
I have a pigeon which is sick have fluffed up feathers,staying still,not flying,lazy and eating little.So I consult a vet and he gives me oxytetracycline injection for him.will he be okay with this?..

·
Administrator
9,478 Posts
What did the vet tell you the problem is?

We can't tell from what you say what problem the bird has. It is common for sick birds to be as you describe.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hi ryan-harris.
As John_D puts it right that every sick pigeon with some disease that commonly affect pigeons show similar symptoms as you state...
Pls talk to your vet about what he finds wrong with your bird?!?.

And pls state more symptoms like color and consistency of his droppings,eating and drinking behaviour, his breathing habits, any nasal or eye discharge, slime or whitish substance in his throat etc.

First thing to be done is isolating the bird to moniter him,not letting him make other birds sick and keep him warm and give him good easily digestable feed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oxytetracycline is a broad spec Antibiotic, ask your vet for further Information about the disease the pigeon is suffering from.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How long as your bird been sick. does he have diarrehea, drinkiNg a lot WATER, breathing labored, What the inside of his mouth look like? Any swelling anywhere. You have to check out everything and your still guessing but you can tell a lot of things if you know what to look for and been around pigeons all your life. I hope your vet was a bird vet and did some lab work instead of just giving you that. A lot of vets don't know a lot about pigeons and will just give you a antibiotic but it wont work on certain things

1 - 6 of 6 Posts