Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have 4 homing pigeons and 3 of them are having a good old time up on the perches while 1 stays on the floor and is a bit shier than all the others i will say they are Young birds and maybe this 1 is having trouble getting up onto the perch ? any advice would help

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
If they are all about the same age and three can get onto the perches, then there would seem no 'normal' reason why one can not.

- maybe it is unwell? How does this bird look - does it seem active and alert and otherwise healthy, or does it sit around looking tired / fluffed up / uninterested in anything?

- maybe it can reach a perch but is being bullied off the perches by one of the others?

- have you seen this bird fly at all in the loft?

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I checked this morning and they were all on the perches but looking at the one that stayed on the ground yesterday he is a little fluffy i observed for an hour and they didnt look like they were picking on him so im not sure what it is i will say though i got the birds a day or so ago maybe this ones a little skittish ?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
How old are these birds? Are they all the same age? Only baby pigeons that can't fly yet and sick pigeons stay on the ground/floor. If this one baby is the same age as the others, something is wrong.
Can you post pictures?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
The bird should not fluffed up unless they are sleeping or sick. If it is fluffed up all the time, then it is sick. If it is cold, they fluffed up their feathers, too. Just keep on eye on that bird and make sure it eats and drinks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
though pigeons are social birds,,there is a pecking order-besure she is not getting bullied,now that she can get around..-i don,t think she is shy,,sounds like preservation-may require help,.sincerely james waller

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.