Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a silly question, but one i should ask. I have a white winged dove fledgling in my bird proof room. She is going home tommorow with brandonf,:(, so she is still sleaping in a cardboard box lined with towels. These last couple of nights shes been really refusing the box. Is it okay to keep her out even though im asleep. were in the same room. she just banging around alot in the box and im afraid she going to hurt herself...:eek:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
There is no silly questions! I respect people who ask, that means they think before they act.
During the night birds also sleep. Usually cage is safer and more comfortable for birds because they can see what is going on around them. You can try to leave him in you room if its bird-proofed just keep in mind that:
1. He will be awake before you.
2. Pooping around you room may not be best experience for the person who cleans it. (If you do the cleaning then it is OK)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay thats good to know. I just dont want to roll on her in the middle of thenight. She not really attached so i dont think that will be a problem..just wanted to make shure

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Parrots usually crawl in the hidden places (under blankets) as they nest in hollow trees.
Canaries will attempt to pinch hairs from you head for nesting material.
Doves and pigeons – you may expect preening when bonded. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Parrots usually crawl in the hidden places (under blankets) as they nest in hollow trees.
Canaries will attempt to pinch hairs from you head for nesting material.
Doves and pigeons – you may expect preening when bonded. :)
:D never knew that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts