Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone stolen my birminghum rollers cock and 1 pair of pakistani Tippler's with their 2 eggs. But my birminghum rollers hen is sitting on the eggs. The babies will ready to hatch today or tomorow. Now what can i do?i know that when the babies are at the age 2 weeks the hen will ready to lay again. Now will i have to hand feed the babies?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I would first see how she manages and if she needs help, yes hand feeding is an option, but just if you see that there is a problem. Sometime one parent still manages to handle both babies. Pigeons are like people, different characters and different as parents.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i have to collect baby bird formula.? But here it is not available. Can i feed corn or peas?

·
Registered
820 Posts
!! stolen?.....hoW?!?!? damn!! so..will the next pair of eggs be fertilized?..will they hatch?..I thought single hens can take care of their 2 hatchlings...no..? Peace.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I'm going to find you recipe for replacement I have it somewhere. Don't stress yet. Do you have another male pigeon left?

·
Registered
34 Posts
u have to be happy... cause if remaining pig was cock then he was not sit on the egg.
just wait now...
see how hen manage..if not manage parfectly u have to feed the babys by hand

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've another prob similer with this case. When the babies are 4days old, hen was lost or kept prisoner by some1. Then cock alone raise the elder baby and smaller baby died. Now i've the cock single. Will he help her to raise the babies?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
A single mother, if healthy and experienced, can raise two squabs, that should not be an issue. I really think the mother can easily raise the pigeon to some 15 days without much trouble. After 15 days you can feed them Channa soaked in water a day before.

If you have access to Kaytee Exact for Makau, that also can be fed to the squabs diluted 2 times with water to the way prescribed on the pack. But after 15 days I think you shld do good with soaked Channa, I feed it to all little ones I have.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 q. Hen laid her 1st egg on 4th august. It is now 27th. Is the eggs fertile?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
!! stolen?.....hoW?!?!? damn!! so..will the next pair of eggs be fertilized?..will they hatch?..I thought single hens can take care of their 2 hatchlings...no..? Peace.
See my previous thread for detail.

·
Registered
499 Posts
fertile eggs

1 q. Hen laid her 1st egg on 4th august. It is now 27th. Is the eggs fertile?
you can shine a bright light through them -then-no-not fertile,...just doing the math-23 days-fertilized eggs doubtful-//female lays two eggs two days apart-then parents sit for 18 days/they then open the hatchling...sincerely james waller

1 - 20 of 22 Posts