Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A femaile pigeon of mine which was sitting on eggs flew off today when she got startled while out of her aviary and did not return :(, a younger pigeon (baby of lost female) also flew off but stayed in the area but did not come down before night fall :(. Is there a chance of the female returning at sunrise to her nest and if she doesn't return will the male take over all the duties or should i put another female in with him who has previously raised babies of her own? and how can i entice the other one down in daylight, have tried shaking their food container without success?

p.s My pigeons are not trained they are my hobby/pets and usually just wonder around the backyard when I let them out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kim

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you've letted them out and they've been wondering and coming back home a couple times, than you have a good chance that she'll return home. Usually when pigeons don't return home, they will when they are hungry or when they feel like the danger has past. Also since she has eggs and her mate is still in the coop, she'll get motivated by them to come back. Best of luck :).

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hi,

A femaile pigeon of mine which was sitting on eggs flew off today when she got startled while out of her aviary and did not return :(, a younger pigeon (baby of lost female) also flew off but stayed in the area but did not come down before night fall :(. Is there a chance of the female returning at sunrise to her nest and if she doesn't return will the male take over all the duties or should i put another female in with him who has previously raised babies of her own? and how can i entice the other one down in daylight, have tried shaking their food container without success?

p.s My pigeons are not trained they are my hobby/pets and usually just wonder around the backyard when I let them out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kim
I believe there is still a chance ........I've had birds return after 3 days ...and last year a hen with hatched babies disappered only to return 3 weeks later .

The other one will come down eventually , if it can hear and see the other birds , sooner rather than later ........Good luck Kim !

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
She will probably come back. But you can't just put another female in the nest box. The cock will throw her out. He is still waiting for his mate to come back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts