Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how soon do the mom and dad sit on the eggs together?? i ask because i have seen mine both sit for periods of time and its only been a week. is this too soon? im just curious.
thanks in advance =]

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doves.
i thought i read somewhere that near the end of the incubation period they will both sit.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
doves.
i thought i read somewhere that near the end of the incubation period they will both sit.
Doves, ok. sometimes they will sit together, sometimes not, I have three hens and they sit all in the same basket. when I had my male he just took turns with the hen, I did not see them sit together at all, so not sure if that is normal, but it seemed like it was, as pigeons take turns as well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doves, ok. sometimes they will sit together, sometimes not, I have three hens and they sit all in the same basket. when I had my male he just took turns with the hen, I did not see them sit together at all, so not sure if that is normal, but it seemed like it was, as pigeons take turns as well.
ya i always thought they took turns too thats what they were doing. jus the past couple days is when they both were. hmm.:rolleyes: maybe the baby will come faster.. probably not:( i know..:p

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
ya i always thought they took turns too thats what they were doing. jus the past couple days is when they both were. hmm.:rolleyes: maybe the baby will come faster.. probably not:( i know..:p
I think it is 14 days incubation, so you should know by that. do they have one or two eggs?...and FYI, you will need to take the weaned babies out and put them in their own cage, because the adults, esp. the male will want to fight with them and pick on them and they can get injured.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it is 14 days incubation, so you should know by that. do they have one or two eggs?...and FYI, you will need to take the weaned babies out and put them in their own cage, because the adults, esp. the male will want to fight with them and pick on them and they can get injured.
its been 7 days there is only one egg
i know about the fighting i will keep it separate from them. when it starts eating by itself is when its weaned right. will it know how to fly then too??

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
its been 7 days there is only one egg
i know about the fighting i will keep it separate from them. when it starts eating by itself is when its weaned right. will it know how to fly then too??
yes, it should beable to fly when weaned,but not well.(they need practice) and weaned is when it does not need the parent birds any longer. so you got 7 more days till the big day!:eek::)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, it should beable to fly when weaned,but not well.(they need practice) and weaned is when it does not need the parent birds any longer. so you got 7 more days till the big day!:eek::)
how will i know when it doesnt need its parents anymore???
yep it should hatch on the day of my graduation what an awesome gift.
:D

·
Registered
508 Posts
Happy graduation!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.