Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I want to build a small pigeon trailer for training this summer. I was wondering if you all had any ideas of how the lay out should be. I have a small 4x4 trailer that I will be using and want to make it as light as possible. If anyone has made one feel free to give me some ideas or if you have any pictures of some small shipping trailers please share. Thank you

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would like it to fit about 70 birds or so I thinking about havin 3 sections on it each section could hold around 25 pigeons

·
Registered
509 Posts
Man Ive searched since Ive seen this post, Im hoping to see this project come to life. I really cant find any details. I know our crates are 2'x4' so you could actually put two on each side and have four.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man Ive searched since Ive seen this post, Im hoping to see this project come to life. I really cant find any details. I know our crates are 2'x4' so you could actually put two on each side and have four.
I am going to get started this weekend I will post some pics for you all when I get some done any ideas you want to through at me before I start feel free

·
Registered
942 Posts
Look as any of the race start video on U-tube crates are stacked so you could carry up to 200 birds with not much problem.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I am going to get started this weekend I will post some pics for you all when I get some done any ideas you want to through at me before I start feel free
Only idea I have is to make the crates or sections were you can hang waterers on the outside.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well it took a while to get the trailer done and I forgot to post pictures of the prodject as I was working on it but I thought I would post some pics of the final product.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That is a nice looking training trailer.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Do you load the birds in the compartments or in crates that are then slid into the compartments?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The original purpose of the trailer was just a little flat bed trailer bought at harbor frieght. I was going to come up with a system to release all of the birds at the same time but the purpose of the trailer right now is just for training. I built it for a guy in the club that lives close to me so we could just help each other train and transport the birds. I Do not know exactly how much it weighs but I would guess only a couple of hundred pounds. I can pull it easily myself. it was road tested last night from the guy in my club and he has not let me know of any problems.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Just a thought if you were to spring the door open and had a chain on each side to hold them flat. then with a single release all three door would drop to a take off board. It that way it could be used for small races. I have a toss crate 18 x24 and have taken 10 birds so you could be in the 100 bird race range. Just someting to think about.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts