Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a separate loft for the birds i might be getting soon and Im just wondering if any of you have any small loft ideas and designs? I would really appreciate your help. - Hiran. btw im 15 and any tips yall can give me i would take it since most of yall are more dedicated experienced flyers. Thanks

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Something I found helpful when I built my loft was to use the siding on one side and the osb? board on the other. Made a strong wall when used with 2x4 or even 2x3s. I also made my loft in panels where I could unscrew the sections and move it in a U haul. Big thing is they need to stay dry and have good air circulation without too much draft. I open my lofts up in the summer, and close them up some in the winter. Look around at the locals lofts. They can give you ideas of what works best in your part of the country. Also get the loft up off the ground to help in the rodent/predator issues. I love my racing loft. The siding was $25 a sheet, the door $40. The loft ran me around $700. I also have a 16x16 goat pen breeding loft, that I may have $300 into. Job sites are great place to find scraps if you are short on money. You can look at my webpage at the lofts.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Good advice above. Make it dry and predator proof. Let the birds have access to sun and fresh air. Keep it off the ground. Locks to keep out critters and people. Building it correctly in the beginning will allow you to really enjoy your birds.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here is a good,inexpensive loft design.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Do you have any instructions or something to make that coop?
not at all. i found it on craigslist and am goign to do my best to copy it with my naked eye onto graphing paper. im going to make mine a 4x8 version with less openness in the front. i made a few sketches so far but i have yet to get the amount of wood needed,and the exact dimensions of each piece fully figured out.

·
Registered
836 Posts
What do the sides look like?
Its just a two foot side cant take any pics atm. One side has an access flap door to get into the two nest boxes ill have set up. Sides arent anything special. When the tweaks are made to this thing ill post a pic of every angle, inside and outside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts