Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consarn pigeons !! I had planned to not hatch any babies this year, except eggs from Laz and Lil, so, every birdie in the loft had fake eggs. A few pairs are on single eggs, one pair is on 3 eggs, and a pair in a nest box (made out of kitty litter pail), with 2 fakies. Well, I went up to the loft yesterday morning, to find egg shells on the floor. "Where the heck did those come from? Someone must have broken an egg.". I checked the bird in the nest box, and almost lost my hand. I found 2 of the fattest, fluffiest, very yellow colored babies. Their names are Daffy and Dilly, becuase of coloring.
Daryl
Oh, and Laz and Lil kept scattering their nesting material all over the cage and basement, no matter how many how many times Laz carried it in to the nest box. I put some pine needles and fine, short sticks in to the cage. They stay in nest box much better. No eggs as of yesterday, but plenty of bowing and moaning from Laz.
Daryl

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hi Daryl!!!

Congratulations on your two little FAT oops babies!!! What a delightful surprise :eek: they must have been! :p

I'm sure Laz and Lil will continue to redecorate their new accomidations the way they see fit, even though it looks messy and unkept to our human eyes. :p I hope their eggs will soon present themselves. I love my Buda's I can't wait to see your baby budda's! :D

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on Daffy and Dilly

Well, the kids are growing leaps and bounds. Eyes are open. Daffy, the darker, brighter yellow baby, has a black beak. Dilly, lighter yellow, has a light pink beak.
Laz and Lil still had no eggs yesterday, but there may be a surprise in the nest today. Lil wouldn't budge when I fed and watered this morning. Now, I had hoped to show them end of this month, so the little monsters are sure to blow my plans right out of sight (which is just fine with me) I will just have to show a few Figuritas. I guess.
Daryl

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Glad the babies are doing well. I guess with pigeons, it always helps to have contingent plans! At least you can still show your cute little figuritas. Hoping Laz and Lil settle in and produce some eggs for you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts