Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this pigeon lying on the floor in the street here in Paris, France, and took it home. I just had to pick him up, he did not try to walk away, he even went under me as looking for protection!

The bird is definetely tame and completely trustful. I will take care for him in any case (no release) until finding the appropriate solution for him.
First 3 days he was very weak (probably starving and cold) but now (day 6) he looks much better. Droppings look ok. He has each day more energy!

But during the morning he is sneezing during about 1 hour and has difficulties to breathe (beak stays open). Makes a sort of bubble sound like airways are congested with watery phlegm he is not able to expectorate.
Fortunately, after warming up with exercize, he looks fine for the rest of the day.

What should I do?
Of course put him in a warm place, sunbathing in the afternoon, and so on.

I put a drop of eucalyptus essential oil in the room. Is that right or harmful?

I keep rigorous hygiene but can it be potentially contagious to other feral pigeons I am feeding? (I suppose it isn't contagious to people, or is it potentially?)

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case someone in Paris, France, has lost this bird and recognize him searching the net, i put this short message in French:
"Trouvé ce pigeon apprivoisé, Porte de Vincennes à Paris, le 15 avril 2021" (found this tame pigeon, Paris, Porte de Vincennes, on April 15)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: the bird is fine now. I got help from a vet who gave me some Baytril and it worked very well.
Now the bird is healthy I have to find him a place to be taken care of as I cannot keep him nor can he be simply released in the street in Paris, the city and the people here are very hostile towards our little pigeons friends.
If someone anywere in France reads this message and can provide any help, please send me a private message !
Thank you very much to all on this so useful forum!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Join the Facebook Palomacy Help group for pigeon and dove rescue if you are on Facebook. They have so many members in every country. Hopefully you will find someone that can take him.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I see there's a Phoenix Animal rescue centre in Dordogne. And they have 17 pigeons! Maybe you can try them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts