Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Hey I'm kinda new to this and yesterday some of.mybirds were sneezing what can it be?
Are there any other symptoms? Check for nasal discharge, runny eyes, mucous in mouth.

Birds do sneeze for various inncocent reasons, of course, like feather irritating a nostril, even dust.

Kinda depends if it's just the odd one here and there or a lot of them, and if it is persistent or just occasional, too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no other symptoms I think it might be a feather irritating a nostril cause I saw it scratching at it after it sneezed. It's probably an innocent reason I just didn't know it was normal for them to sneeze haha thank you though

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Well...wait...when you get several sneezing, that is usually not just a coincidence.

How is your enclosure/loft ? Is the air quality OK ? Have you cleaned it lately ? Is there good ventilation ? Has there been a lotta dander dust in the air ?

I would not breath a sigh of relief yet. Be vigilant. Keep an eye. A Nebulizer machine is a very handy device to have on hand for a Pigeon showing sinus/respiratory symptoms....

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Yes, agree, Jaye .. I'm a little confused now as to whether it is one bird or a number of birds sneezing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.