Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

It's been a good while since I've posted any pics .. as you will readily be able to tell, I've lost my touch from lack of practice! :p Anyway, here are a few poor photos from today with the short stories that go with them. Even though there are pigeons in here, I'm just too pooped to be separating them out from the ducks .. sorry .. deal with it! :p

http://www.rims.net/2008Nov07

Terry

·
Registered
371 Posts
Terry what a wonderful treat to all of us. I love every picture there.Ducklings are sooooo sweet and gentle. "Littlebitty" (sorry for naming that one...LOL) is so cute.
Did not know, that Muscovy ducks come in so many colors.And your PJs are adoroble, ALL OF THEM. God job Terry !! :D:D

Nell

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I thought they were good pics...cute assortment you have there. ducklings are the cuteist things, esp. when they paddle around in a small tub or something. makes you want to get one of those big galvenized wash tubs and put em in it and take a vid.....:)

G

·
that first pic of that white pigeon you have there is sure a handsome bird ;) wonder why he is lost now when he looks like hes got some good age on him :confused: anyways those ducklings sure are cute too thou I thought it was a lil to late for ducklings this time of year :eek:

·
Guardian Angel
4,163 Posts
Ducks

When I saw all the ducks I was looking for the lame duck report in Washington D.C. lol lol:D could not resist sorry about that. But the ducks are realy cool if you keep showing them here I just might get stuck on ducks.GEORGE;)3 MORE TO GO

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I always love to see your pictures and hear about the newbies. My first dove was named Beaker. :D I hope they all do well in their recoveries. That poor duck with the varnish or whatever on his feet, I hope someone didn't do that to him intentionally. So you say you went to get that one on your lunch hour. . . come on, Terry, we all know you probably never even break for a lunch hour, where would you find the time??:p

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always love to see your pictures and hear about the newbies. My first dove was named Beaker. :D I hope they all do well in their recoveries. That poor duck with the varnish or whatever on his feet, I hope someone didn't do that to him intentionally. So you say you went to get that one on your lunch hour. . . come on, Terry, we all know you probably never even break for a lunch hour, where would you find the time??:p
Thanks, MJ! Actually when I am at work, I only have a half hour for lunch! You are right, however .. that half hour is better than the no time for lunch when I'm home! That day it took a half hour to get where the bird was and a half hour to get back .. lost money on that deal! :p BUT, I got the bird! Seriously, I work for my husband's nephew three days a week helping him get his accounts receivable and overall computer related stuff back in shape. It's a great job that I enjoy, and the company is bird and animal friendly .. people are always dropping birds off there for me on the days that I am there.

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I saw all the ducks I was looking for the lame duck report in Washington D.C. lol lol:D could not resist sorry about that. But the ducks are realy cool if you keep showing them here I just might get stuck on ducks.GEORGE;)3 MORE TO GO
Too funny, George! I'll get ya for that .. I think you need a pet Muscovy drake or maybe a big old honkin' goose! :)

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that first pic of that white pigeon you have there is sure a handsome bird ;) wonder why he is lost now when he looks like hes got some good age on him :confused: anyways those ducklings sure are cute too thou I thought it was a lil to late for ducklings this time of year :eek:
Well, sadly .. it's never too late for ducklings that are purchased from a feed store or a pet store .. fortunately, these two found their way to safety and then to me. The little bitty one was found in the middle of downtown Long Beach .. totally insane!

As to the white pigeon .. it is a very handsome one and healthy but was not flying. The elderly man called me on Wednesday evening and after about a half hour of convincing him that the bird would not mortally wound him nor give him bird flu, he finally agreed to go get it in a box .. he would NOT allow it inside, so I knew I had to get there ASAP the next day. So far .. all is well with this white racer.

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought they were good pics...cute assortment you have there. ducklings are the cuteist things, esp. when they paddle around in a small tub or something. makes you want to get one of those big galvenized wash tubs and put em in it and take a vid.....:)
Bath day is coming tomorrow .. the little bitty is too little bitty to go in a tub .. we'll be doing shallow cat litter pan! :)

Terry

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Terry what a wonderful treat to all of us. I love every picture there.Ducklings are sooooo sweet and gentle. "Littlebitty" (sorry for naming that one...LOL) is so cute.
Did not know, that Muscovy ducks come in so many colors.And your PJs are adoroble, ALL OF THEM. God job Terry !! :D:D

Nell
Naming Little Bitty is fine! Yes, Muscovies come in many colors and feather patterns .. they are my favorite kind of duck!

Terry

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Yeah!!! I always look forward to your photo series!

The pigeon that came in with whirly eyes - wonder if it was a head injury that caused pressure on part of the brain. Glad this bird is recovering!

You sure have a lot of gorgeous Muscovies down there! We have mostly mallards. Do Muscovies do better in warmer climates like yours?

Chandler is CUTE!!!
Poor duck with the coated feet - that must have been so painful!
Handsome old drake - sure hope he continues to improve. What a thoughtful rescuer to bring him familiar company!

Cute ducklings - love those webbed footies!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.