Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
OMG, they are so beautiful.
That is why I don't eat chicken. I just love those guys.

Reti

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I hadn't grown up practically living off of chicken, I would probably do the same :eek: I just try not to think about it.
I can't imagine hurting mine though. I don't see how some people with backyard flocks can do it :eek:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
OMG, they are so beautiful.
That is why I don't eat chicken. I just love those guys.

Reti

I agree and me too.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Great pictures, Becky!! You have some beauties!! Many thanks for sharing!

That Ringo is sure different!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
oh I love the mille fluers, I had a few of those, but the rooster ended up being a real bully, so I had to give him away and did not want for him to be alone so I gave the 2 hens with him...he loved his hens. I have two mottled japanese that are adorable, they are my favorites now, but those mille fluers are just soooo pretty!

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shi, Ringo definitely is different! His previous owner had too many roos and poor Ringo was a loner. So I took him in and he's quite happy with all these hens running around :p Even though he is a Polish mix, he looks just like a pure one to me. I'd love to get him some pure hens, they're really pretty birds! (well, to me. I love tophat chickens but dad think's they're ugly, LOL)

Spirit,
I love them too :) So far these aren't that old yet, so he hasn't really shown his cocky side yet. Still waiting for the crowing to start :p The color is really pretty once they're a year or two old. They're still not all colored up yet. I'd love to get some porcelain ones too. Had a sablepoot in that color once; very, very pretty!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Loved the pictures, I have 9 roosters, if anyone needs a rooster. I don't kill and they all aren't together but I'm running out of room. mindy

·
Registered
508 Posts
They look great. Very nice birds! I hope I can keep some chickens again sometime.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't eat chicken
(or any other bird) because birds are so cool! My family thinks I'm crazy! I do eat meat, just not bird meat.:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts