Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,just done moring feed,milk(spread male with white flights)has something unusual,,,his right wing flight feathers "droops"slightly,he flies fast and well,is healthy,bossy and a ladykiller,but noticed the wing thing,is it just way he is or should i keep an eye out(theres no injuries or anything and hes flying ok)thanks

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Do you know if he may have injured his wing? Has he been innoculated for Paratyphoid?

Hold his wing out and run your fingers gently up and down the entire wing, especially around the shoulder/joint area, and see if you feel a difference when running your fingers around the normal wing.

I had to have a local rehabber do the exam for me on one of my hens, and she knew right away that is was an injury and not something like Paratyphoid, which initially I thought it was.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ill try that,,hes up on roof at moment grooming himself,hes a feral and not been innoculated,it appears to be only his white flight that hangs lower than the other flight(they are both white)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Thank you for your care and concern over this noble feral.

It is good that you noticed this early, and that you are able to keep an eye out on him.

I would get him on some natural antibiotics at this point...just to be sure. Maybe a drop of colloidal silver down the throat, a garlic or Reishi cap, slicked with a drop of Neem oil each day. Together these thigs are a power house of natural antibiotics, and may just be what he needs...and no side effects, except building the immunities.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have neem oil at home(got a lot of uses for it)and plenty garlic,,checked wing on tea time feed,feels ok!(hes not a happy boy,hes ok being handled but not for too long)should i add a drop to the drinking water?(i use a large aluminuim bowl for the ferals drinking and another even bigger bowl for bathing,which is washed and cleaned daily)all our ferals are cared for to best of our abilities,i look out for each and every one and have most basic meds on hand for emergencies,as i type,milk is back on the roof "showing off" bowing and prancing,hoping to impress a lady pigeon,twirling round in circles lol

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
i have neem oil at home(got a lot of uses for it)and plenty garlic,,checked wing on tea time feed,feels ok!(hes not a happy boy,hes ok being handled but not for too long)should i add a drop to the drinking water?(i use a large aluminuim bowl for the ferals drinking and another even bigger bowl for bathing,which is washed and cleaned daily)all our ferals are cared for to best of our abilities,i look out for each and every one and have most basic meds on hand for emergencies,as i type,milk is back on the roof "showing off" bowing and prancing,hoping to impress a lady pigeon,twirling round in circles lol
the ferals let you touch them.....how cool.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I'm not sure if that would dissolve its potency or not, but it wouldn't be enough if it is mixed in the water. I usually put a drop directly on the garlic capsule and put it down the throat. The dose for one pigeon is a drop.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the ferals let you touch them.....how cool.
some do,not all,our "regulars"are pretty much used to us and know we mean them no harm,my daughter regularly picks up a few including "one eyed jack"(blind in one eye)jack came to us in a sorry state last year,eye was infected and she had a bad limp,we built her up and helped her ,she lost sight in eye but it has healed up well and her limp is gone,many of our ferals hand feed also,milk is one who loves to be hand fed peanuts,hes a big show off lol
teresa,,i do have syringes(lots of em)so ill make mix up for milk and try and persuade him its for his best interests,thanks for advice

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
some do,not all,our "regulars"are pretty much used to us and know we mean them no harm,my daughter regularly picks up a few including "one eyed jack"(blind in one eye)jack came to us in a sorry state last year,eye was infected and she had a bad limp,we built her up and helped her ,she lost sight in eye but it has healed up well and her limp is gone,many of our ferals hand feed also,milk is one who loves to be hand fed peanuts,hes a big show off lol
teresa,,i do have syringes(lots of em)so ill make mix up for milk and try and persuade him its for his best interests,thanks for advice
good luck with Milk, that is really neat you have such a close relationship with these birds......I wish I could visit there:)......

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they are all unique and special,although they are "wild"a lot act like they have been there forever,they trust us and we respect and love them and know their little quirks and habits,theres a beautiful ex racer amongst the flock,we got in touch with her club but no one ever claimed her(over 1 year ago)kinda worried what her fate would be if she went back anyway,so shes happy here,milk is ok today,his wing is still slightly droopy but i think its maybe just way it is,hes certainly lively and has enjoyed some mix and nuts this morning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.