Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Learn With Young Pigeons Develop Drinking A Lot Of Water And Also Look Drawn Up.
Get A Small Eye Drop And Fill With Coke A Cola And Squirt It Far Down It Throat ,you Will Be Surprise The Result You Will See.this Came From A Reliable Friend Of Mine And I Thought Of Passing This Information To All.
Albert-loft.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
coke a collar helps ,do nto knock it until you try it.

Hopefully ,some One Will Try It When They Have Tried Other Things That Did Not Work.
Do Not Knock It Until You Have Tried It--

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Albert - you should try it out first and then let others know how it works. If I read your post correctly, you heard about this from a friend, but have not tried it yet yourself???? On second thought, don't try it. It migh cause your birds some distress.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Nothing in Coke that would be good for them.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Hopefully ,some One Will Try It When They Have Tried Other Things That Did Not Work.
Do Not Knock It Until You Have Tried It--
Hopefully no one will be daft enough to try it.
Firstly, you shouldnt squirt any liquid into a birds throat as it may aspirate.
Secondly Coca cola contains - sugar or high fructose corn syrup, caramel, caffeine, phosphoric acid, coca extract, kola nut extract, lime extract, vanilla, and glycerin among other things.
Caffeine in itself is dangerous to give a bird.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
The thing which strikes me first off is that..... It Is Really, Really Difficult To Type Each Word Beginning With A Capital Letter !

(Try It...It's Friggin' Hard !)

How did you manage that, Albert ?

But quite seriously ;)...nobody means to be disrespectful.

It is just this seems to go against a lot of common sense. Caffeine particularly...really,really bad for any bird. Granted, the 'dosage' probably wouldn't kill a Pigeon, but nevertheless....

But...what exactly was the illness ? Dehydration and loss of activity ? It would seem that one should first go with more basic solutions before feeding a bird soda...

·
Registered
851 Posts
What about the carbonation? I would think that would be a problem, but the acidic nature of CO2 infused beverages may be beneficial. It might set the system to rapidly deal with a bacterial infection, but the resultant "gassiness" would be my other concern.

I'm thinking of the "feed a seagull an alkaseltzer" prank.

And under no circumstance does this sound like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I accept some remarks,others baffle me,yes I did not try it myself,but I do trust the source it came from-Some of you will try other medications but for you to make childish remarks due to the source it came from make me to believe that you do not care for your birds.I will try any thing to save my birds,for sure it will not kill but likely will cure .
Sorry to waste my time .

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I think you are being overly sensitive. This is not about who the source is, as much as what is good for the birds. It is because the other posters care about their birds that they are not wiling to try it. Simply put, it does not seem like a good idea. Maybe call a Vet or rehabber and ask them if you won't except what others are saying here. But please do not take this personally.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
What would Coke cure ????????? If the bird is sick,it needs medicine !!! If the bird needs water,give it water...I put Orange Gatorade in my water when I give Med`s to my YB`s....It helps mask the bad taste of the medicine,and the birds will drink MORE of the water to get well faster.....Seems to me that Coke Cola will have a DRUG kind of an effect on the bird...Not a medicine kind of a drug that is...And as said above,what about the carbonation in th soda ??? Alamo

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
It's too bad skytex isn't around, he could tell you how and why it works, he just wouldn't have the prof you want. I've seen the same thing done, just with 7up. If you do it in the morning by evening it will look like a different bird. Go ahead and laugh but some time the old remidies work, and a lot faster then your new stuff.
Dave

·
Registered
228 Posts
What baffles me is that you, or your friend, didn't even identify the disease that was supposedly cured this way, or at least try to identify some more symptoms. By the way, what did you mean by "drawn up"?

So even if this "miracle cure" actually worked for someone, there's too little and inconclusive information to actually help others...

I hope this wasn't actually some disguised ad for Coca-Cola, LOL.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
It's too bad skytex isn't around, he could tell you how and why it works, he just wouldn't have the prof you want. I've seen the same thing done, just with 7up. If you do it in the morning by evening it will look like a different bird. Go ahead and laugh but some time the old remidies work, and a lot faster then your new stuff.
Dave
You have actually seen this work? What do you suppose it is in the soda that makes it work? Not being a smart a.s, just really curious.:)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
What baffles me is that you, or your friend, didn't even identify the disease that was supposedly cured this way, or at least try to identify some more symptoms. By the way, what did you mean by "drawn up"?

So even if this "miracle cure" actually worked for someone, there's too little and inconclusive information to actually help others...

I hope this wasn't actually some disguised ad for Coca-Cola, LOL.
I am confused as well. Why do this? What is the problem?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Dave
Certainly not laughing. Just trying to figure out why one would do this and if it is safe for the birds. Albert isn't providing any details about what this is supposed to fix. You say "it works" but it works at what?

I guess the number of miracle fixes out there have bred a skepticism into the pigeon handlers today. If sky_tx were here he would at least tell us what problem this cure fixed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts