Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When I came back from office, I found one of my pigeons to be really dull, it was fine in the morning while I was leaving. None of the other pigeons are having any problem. This guy was not even eating today.

Here is how its poop looks like today -

Its jsut standing in one position with its eyes closed (at times opens its eye half). here's how it looks -

Any idea what could be wrong with him? I can't really do much at this point of time since its 11:15PM here. Feeling really bad looking at him :(

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
The yellow can be a good indication of liver damage, for which there could be several causes. One cause (according to my book on droppings) can be 'viral'. Has this bird been around the baby with (probable) pox, or its parents? As Cynthia said on your other thread, pox is not always external bumps, but can be internnal.

John

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi Sushil..........I had a bird about a month ago that had the bright yellow liquid poops as your does. The bird had internal Canker that had traveled to the liver. As John said, my Vet told me the same thing that the yellow is an indication of liver involvement. Although is is quite serious, if you can identify the cause and type of the infection and treat it immediately it can be reversed. The liver is the one organ that can regenerate itself.

I hope you can get the bird to a Vet and obtain treatment as soon as possible.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers you way.

Also Sushil.........Liver problems can cause digestive issues as well.......your bird is not eating, however if he eats and has liver problems he might be prone to vomiting as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all your help. I took the pigeon to the Vet today, she give him an injection, suggested to get some medicines. I got medicines, came back at home and found the pigeon dead :( Can't really describe how I am feeling right now

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that shushil, sometimes these things don't give you time, and just happen very fast, I can feel your pain, but now he is a little angel, and remember all the good things together.

Ivette

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Thanks for all your help. I took the pigeon to the Vet today, she give him an injection, suggested to get some medicines. I got medicines, came back at home and found the pigeon dead :( Can't really describe how I am feeling right now
I'm so sorry.
What did the vet think was wrong?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm so sorry :( my pigeon bradley, my favorite little being ever in this world looked just like this picture of him, and her droppings looked just the same :( it turned out she had pecked up and swallowed a pellet of rat poison while I was visiting my friends cabin. She died 3 days later.. I tried everything I could but wasn't able to save her. I have a tattoo of her now but will miss her forever.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sushil.........I am so very, very sorry for the loss of your beloved bird. You did everything you could. When there is liver involvement it is usuall very serious and even with the best Vet care and medications there is nothing that can be done.

Please take comfort in the fact that your bird knew that he was loved and cared for and that he is now flying free.

Sending comforting thought and prayers your way.

Regards,
Louise

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
I'm so sorry you lost him. Sometimes there just isn't anything we can do. I know how awful you must feel. Sorry.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand, such things are bound to happen at some point or the other. We have to accept them and move on from there.

The vet was suspecting it to be some kind of fungal infection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts