Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be caused by mites, or by the bird himself due to stress or illness. Assuming that they aren't from the prior hawk attack?
I'll have a closer inspection for mites. I do have to pick up quite a few feathers but I assumed that's normal? I didn't notice any signs of injury when he return from the attack. This is the first time he's let me so close to him though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have a closer inspection for mites. I do have to pick up quite a few feathers but I assumed that's normal? I didn't notice any signs of injury when he return from the attack. This is the first time he's let me so close to him though.
Upon closer inspection, he does in fact have not mites... But lice?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there please make sure darling not in molt then please research ivermectin for any parasites Use paste form topically but my guess is that darling is stress over preening and needs a hug and story read to him (I love my little golden books) also a quiet radio talk station may help Amazon has transistor radios for $10 hope better soon
Thank you for the reply. I gave him some lice drops after discovering lice within his feathers. I got him a friend who has also been deliced. No problems so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts