Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bird Beak Feather Grey Wing

Vegas, NV 📍 Found outside on the ground near our trash cans. Didn’t move too much until I approached it. Didn’t fly. Doesn’t seem to have any leg injuries. It’s left wing seems a little dodgy.

I have a box prepared with blankets. I will cover the top of the box so that it feels secure. A friend of mine is saying that it’s “disease infested” but I could not just leave it out there with the neighborhood cats. It’s pretty alert. I haven’t seen it drink any water yet.

Please Note: My friend is not a fan of birds. 🙄 — Nor does she live with me. So, this matter is solely my concern. I couldn’t leave this little guy out there with the neighborhood cats prowling.

I know that they are nesting up on my neighbor’s roof under their solar panels. There must be at least 50 of them. The wing on this little guy seems a little off. I don’t want to say that it’s broken, but there’s definitely something going on. The little fella is alert. Doesn’t seem too afraid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just as an update, it is now 3:37 AM. Pidgeotto seems fine! Droppings seem normal. I’ll take pictures later! Though in a box, it doesn’t make any attempt to fly away. — That’s not to say that it isn’t alert or apprehensive. Both remain true.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Thanks for rescueing her and not listening to the advice of your friend. Humans are disease ridden, not pigeons. Are the wingtips coming together at the end or is the one wing hanging lower? Can you also check for injuries under the wings and on the breastarea. Injuries to the muscles on the breast can affect their flying. Most important now is to make sure she is eating and drinking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for rescueing her and not listening to the advice of your friend. Humans are disease ridden, not pigeons. Are the wingtips coming together at the end or is the one wing hanging lower? Can you also check for injuries under the wings and on the breastarea. Injuries to the muscles on the breast can affect their flying. Most important now is to make sure she is eating and drinking.
I checked her wings last night. They are definitely not broken. I might’ve thought her wing was a bit off kilter last night because I was panicking haha! No other injuries that I can see. She hasn’t tried to peck me, and hasn’t tried to fly away! She’s obviously nervous but sits on my hand and lets me feed her/give her water. She seems alert. Her droppings aren’t green or runny!

I did notice that when she’s sitting on my hand, her balance isn’t very good. She rocks back and forth as if her tail is weighing her down, she hasn’t fallen though! — She typically repositions herself with a better grip.

I had her in a covered box last night in our guest bathroom. Today I let her walk around the tub for some exercise and to sort of better assess what I’m dealing with. At least it’s warm in here. She seems to enjoy the blankets. 😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts