Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Southeastern Open/Cairo, IL

Hello, Renee I sent two birds. I got phone call about 7:00 am saying that about 30 pigeons had gotten out some were in North Carolina so if they were your pigeons they will refund you. I have not gotten any birds back so i hope it was not mine. They will release them on Sunday. My mileage for the birds is 585.

Southwing

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Renee did you enter some birds. If so what is your mileage,where do they pick them up,anybody else in our combine in it.

It's hard for me to fly old birds because of softball , but I might consider something like this in the future.
A few members in our combine TRIED to fly it.........didn't work out so good. :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
We have a few guys that fly it every year and do get most birds home. I had asked them if the extra day in the baskets would hurt. No one said anything except saying that in some big races they have had to hold them over for a week and birds came home fine as long as they are fed and watered. This is my first SE Open.

Southwing

·
Registered
284 Posts
Got a message today telling me that my birds are disqualified it sucks but it happens. Here is the message.

Southwing

I have since talked to the AU Rules chair, Tom Coletti. He says the AU rules state that if you cannot identify
which birds were released, then all birds placed on the trailer prior to the release must be disqualified.
We will refund everyone's money that placed birds on the trailer prior to the release. This includes all birds
except those placed on the trailer in Asheville, NC.

I then talked to people who had birds on the trailer. Virginia wanted their birds released today; all others I
talked to wanted the birds released tomorrow morning early as the winds at Cairo are currently at 18 mph
gusting to 25 mph. We will hold the birds until 7:15 tomorrow morning and then release them.

The birds are parked in the shade and will have water in front of them continuously until they are fed.
Approximately 30 minutes after feeding, water will again be placed in the troughs and will remain there until release.

All entry fees for those birds that were disqualified will be refunded.

My apologies. We are trying to do the best we can.

Bob Lynch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.