Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am new here, I had 2 pigeons start a family in the corner of my balcony. Unfortunately the (I think1 week old) babies were attacked and killed :(
When I arrived the balcony was a mess, with a pile of seeds (not sure where that came from at all, hoping the mother was not killed as well!)
The mess indicated quite a fight I think ? No adult pigeon feathers to be seen though. One baby dead in the gutter. As soon as I turned my back , the baby in the gutter disappeared! Horrible.
A moment later the father arrived and looked around then went to sit on the nest for a bit then left and has not come back that same evening.

I would like to know if I can temporarily move the branches, (nest) , clean the floor (it smells), then place the branches back, or is it better to leave it all as is for them to grieve?

If they lay more eggs there ,a predator could come back... is there something I can do to help them?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Sounds as if a rat got hold of them. If the area is unsafe for them, rather remove everything and don't let them breed again. Otherwise build them a structure higher off the ground where they will be safer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer Marina B, well I will look for something online as we cannot even go to the hardware store without a 24h approved COVID test at the moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts