Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a really sad day for me and my family. We lost one of the most loved members of our pet family. Squirt, our beloved INCA Dove passed away in my son's hands. This bird touched the hearts of everybody who was lucky to have met him. I have a house full of pet birds, but this bird was the tamest bird I have ever encountered. I found Squirt when he had just left the nest. He was so small--only as big as my big toe. He was fully feathered, but couldn't fly. He was by a gate that said, "beware of dog". I looked everywhere for a nest, but couldn't find one. I thought for sure he would die, so I took him home. I hand fed him formula until he learned to eat seed. He was my 16 year old son's best friend. This sweet bird would sit on his shoulder for hours! They were inserperable!! We had this treasure for over two years, and his passing is so hard for us. He showed no signs of being sick, until the last 30 minutes before he died. Thank you SQUIRT, for giving us over two of the best years of our lives! You really changed our world, and you will truly be missed.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Squirt sounded like a real character.
How lovely he had such a happy life with you after you rescued him.
He certainly paid you back with his love and devotion.

My condolences to you and also to your handsome son. What a lovely picture to remember Squirt by.

Janet x

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all so much for your nice responses, it helps heal the hurt. I had always wanted to talk about my sweet Squirt, but in Arizona, it is against the law to have a pet Dove. (OOPS!!) He was a really special friend.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I know you and your son miss him dearly. He was a special little bird.

Reti

1 - 12 of 12 Posts