Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess today must have been bath day, because I turned to find Stewie trying to take a bath in his water dish, so I got out a clean kitty litter pan I got for him and filled it with warm water.......do you think he liked it??? lol (Feel free to look at any of my pics on here. There are videos, too. Those are some of my other pets.)

I hope it is ok to put this link.....

www.dropshots.com/pappy1264

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yup! That's one happy bird!!!! It's amazing how far they can fling that water, isn't it?

....and is that little squirrel like character what they call a Sugar Baby? I just saw feed for one (had it's picture on the bag) but have never seen one as a pet. They look like the tiny nocturnal creatures we "saw" in Africa...

I WANT ONE!!!! (But my Bengal Cats would lose their minds:( )

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stewie taking first bath

Which one, the brown one or the grey/white ones? I have both sugar gliders (I am thinking this is who you mean) and also a southern flying squirrel. Sugar gliders are wonderful pets, although not for everyone. Yes, they are nocturnal and are very social and LOVE to play and interact. I don't have any cats, and although I do know some who have cats, they usually don't let them near them or in the room they are kept in, since cats tend to be hunters. And a Bengal, yes, would most likely think dinner was served! lol Thank you! Stewie seemed so happy taking a bath! And as I type, he is sitting next to me having a preening party! lol

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yup - it's the Sugar Gliders I was referring to! I do need to correct you, though - - - just a bit. Not only could I not keep them in the same HOUSE, but the Bengals would KNOW dinner (okay - SNACK) was served!!!

It about drove the Spots nuts (they're young - - - just 1 y/o now) when our 1st pij lived in the garage and routinely tried to follow me into the house. The kittens WAITED on a shelf just inside the door ... and Magellan would wing beat the door from the other side. Ever seen a kitten's head turn 360*? and, based on their bore-sightedness on the door, you'd think they have x-ray vision!!! Wait a minute - - - maybe they do!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stewie taking first bath

lol.....that must be funny to see! I love Bengals, they are so majestic looking! How are they as pets? I have heard some can get pretty wild as they mature. I can't have cats (or snakes) as they would think they have gone to live at a 24 hour buffet! lol As you can see, I have a mini zoo of small (and some not so small) critters! (My hubby says we are a goat shy of being a petting zoo! lol)

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Pappy, I so enjoyed all your pictures. Stewie is so cute in his bath and looked like he enjoyed every minute of it. Bet you had to mop up after him...

The little sugar gliders stole my heart. I have never been around one but they look adorable. They are so cool when they were flying. That is a neat home for them. I guess you have to keep it very low light for them. Your tribute to Roo was so touching. What is their normal life expectancy?

I also enjoyed what was, I think, a playhouse. It was beautiful.

Many thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stewie taking first bath

Thank you. Roo came from a very bad situation (most of mine did, sadly). She passed on Nov. 5th, she was around 5 yrs or so. She had an inoperable kidney stone and it basically poisoned her. I only had her just over a year and she took a huge piece of my heart with her. They can live up to 15 yrs, although most average between 8-10 yrs. Not long enough.

Yes, my gliders have TONS of toys (that playhouse is theirs! lol) My kids say the gliders have more toys then they do! (I even took up sewing so I could make them cage sets! lol)

I love all my animals and try to give them the best life I can. People say they are spoiled, but I say they are just very loved!

Gliders are amazing little creatures, and it is very sad so many get them and don't know how to take care of them. They are certainly not a pet for everyone, as they require quite a bit of time and commitment, but for the right person, they are the best!

And now Stewie is a member of our family and he is fitting right in, I am happy to say!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts