Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking we really need a Sticky Thread about hand-feeding and raising babies, as it would help a lot to just direct people to the Sticky instead of repeating the same info over and over again each time someone finds a baby. :D Thanks Powers That Be!:cool:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
We sure do!

·
Registered
813 Posts
YEPPERS-- I agree too... ;)

because, I was one person among many (just guessing:rolleyes:)... that needed to go searching for the info. and it would be really nice to have a sticky to refer to...

When to feed- How to feed- What to feed- How much--- etc......

For those who have always had Pigeons- Im sure its second nature-- but for us newbies--- I vote to Stick-A-Fiy IT!!!!:p

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
You're right. So many need that. I sure could have used it when I came home with 6 of them! LOL. Why do we not have one?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I was thinking we really need a Sticky Thread about hand-feeding and raising babies, as it would help a lot to just direct people to the Sticky instead of repeating the same info over and over again each time someone finds a baby. :D Thanks Powers That Be!
YEPPERS-- I agree too... ;)

because, I was one person among many (just guessing:rolleyes:)... that needed to go searching for the info. and it would be really nice to have a sticky to refer to...

When to feed- How to feed- What to feed- How much--- etc......

For those who have always had Pigeons- Im sure its second nature-- but for us newbies--- I vote to Stick-A-Fiy IT!!!!:p
There is a 'sticky' for hand feeding babies in the 'resource' section, but you have scroll down nearly to the bottom of the page to find it.
Hope this helps.
http://www.internationaldovesociety.com/Recipes/handfeedinghelp.htm

Cindy

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Well Duh! You're right! I have seen that one before. I copied it. Forgot where I got it.:p

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
But don't you think there should be other instructions, other than tube feeding. Some won't or can't do it properly. There are many ways to feed them, and I think it would be nice if the different methods were explained.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Resources Forum Is A Mess ..

Dear Members,

There is a TON of valuable and helpful information in the Resources Forum. Sadly, it's hard to find some of it there.

Hopefully we can clean it up a bit .. I'm thinking of adding sub-forums there like .. Resources: Feeding; Resources: Medications; and so forth .. and moving the appropriate threads to the appropriate new forum .. any thoughts about this?

Terry

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Terry, that would help a lot! I've noticed we have stickies about handfeeding...the methods and formulas and stuff. But there's a few different ones scattered throughout the resources forum. It'd make finding everything much easier if they where separated like that :)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Hopefully we can clean it up a bit .. I'm thinking of adding sub-forums there like .. Resources: Feeding; Resources: Medications; and so forth .. and moving the appropriate threads to the appropriate new forum .. any thoughts about this?
Terry
That would be great! I think we should have one forum for babies NURSERY REHAB, which would include methods for feeding babies (as there seem to be many different methods available), and different food for different stages of life(like mac milk for the newly hatched, Kaytee baby bird formula, to canned peas corn, etc), you could also put the splay legs threads there, and other issues common to youngsters and newly hatched. Candling/hatching could also be grouped there. Perhaps, fostering, and leg banding could also be included in this section.

....and that is just one issue...:)

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree that would help....
Especially when you are trying to find information fast. I have seen posts that talk about the various ways people feed and videos (the videos are great btw!).... it would be great to have them all in one place to be able to reference to quickly- if need be. ((Because a month ago there I sat , thinking "Now which thread did I see that....???" lol))
As well as issues that seems to always come up with the babies, ie; splay legs, slow crop--etc. So I think its a grand idea Terry!

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That would be wonderfull, and the idea of putting baby related things in one nursery section would also be great! Then we could just direct people there. They could get all the info on anything baby related that they need. Be a good one to read through now and then just to refresh your memory. And all together would make it so much easier. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I have been a member here for some years and even so when someone posts to say they have an orphaned squab I go into a panic just trying to remember what threads there are, finding them and providing links. I think that the nursery idea is great but we also need a thread in that forum on hand feeding that incorporates what , how much and how so newbies don't have to hunt around too much.

Cynthia

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I have been a member here for some years and even so when someone posts to say they have an orphaned squab I go into a panic just trying to remember what threads there are, finding them and providing links * I think that the nursery idea is great but we also need a thread in that forum on hand feeding that incorporates what , how much and how so newbies don't have to hunt around too much.

Cynthia
* Yes, absolutely, handfeeding for hatchlings, 1 to 2 weeks (how many ml's of formula and how many times per day., 3 to 4 weeks, how much and how often to feed, and substitute food for older babies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts