Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rescued un-banded pigeon (I think King pigeon - any ideas?) that was purchased from a gun dog trainer, rescued by someone else (from a situation where he would be used to train dogs), and now is temporarily living with me. I am seeking a good home for him. I am in St. Paul, Minnesota. Please help!!

No gun dog trainers...only good kind loving 'forever' homes please!

On a hot day...

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
He's a cutie. Looks quite sure of himself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had him or her (not sure how to determine the sex? I was thinking a he as his cere is pretty large) for about two and a half weeks now...and yes, he is beautiful! He is confidant, yet still somewhat fearful of people and grunts if you get too close. He's getting more comfortable and confidant though. I really want him to have a good home.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does he have any health issues? I might be interested in getting him but still not sure. I just got some homers not long ago and not sure how it would fit in with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cannot see any health issues with him. He appears healthy, is a good weight, droppings look normal, eats well, etc.

·
Registered
508 Posts
He/She is a cutie! hope I all works out for Him/Her!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'll sleep on it tonight and let you know tomorrow if I am interested in giving it a home here.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I will pm you my address. Let me know how much shipping is and I will send you the money and you can ship hom here when the weather permits.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Are you for sure it's a King???...

I have a King and a Homer... and funny cuz from the top photo it looks like a homer but the one in the tub makes me think King... Do you have a weight on it??

Brian, there are many members who have been successful at mixing the Kings with homers, most Kings are very docile... and very laid back temperment. They have to be prisioners but they are super sweet birds.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I thought that it looked like a homer too but I don't really know the difference:). I am sure that it will fit in good here, if not in the loft it will just be in the house. She is going to ship it to me monday so we will see where it lives in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No - I'm not 100% sure if he is a King pigeon...but it's what I was told. His weight is 0.56 kg. Can you tell from the weight?

Whatever type of Pigeon he is, I'm going to miss him (though he's going to a great home). I'm thinking of getting this to remember him by: :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's great..:). I'll be waiting to hear of a safe landing! I worry myself sick when they are in the post! sigh......... AND......should s/he end up being a King...... and you fall under the ~~KING~~ spell..:p.lol... I know the PERFECT place to add to the King population in your loft!!!!;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
No - I'm not 100% sure if he is a King pigeon...but it's what I was told. His weight is 0.56 kg. Can you tell from the weight?

Whatever type of Pigeon he is, I'm going to miss him (though he's going to a great home). I'm thinking of getting this to remember him by: :)

OMG... THAT's awsome- I want one .... where in the world do you get one????

·
Registered
813 Posts
0.56 kilograms = 560 grams

YUP--- THATS a BIG ole KING you have there!! ...I LOVE UM!!! Great weight too!

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is a pretty cool light. Hopefully you will be able to have the "real thing" sooner than later:).

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thank YOU... how fun is that... I have all my birds in my bird room... our HOA does not allow LOFTS! GRrrrrrr----- next house maybe! So the light would be perfectly fitting!

Much success to all the travel plans for this little one! PLEASE let us know of his/her arrival!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts