Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time we let this guy out, he flaps around in a circle and hovers above the ground for 30 seconds or so. He kinda has issues flying (he has poor lift and a drooping wing) but he's totally done it before, usually when wants to get away from me. But once I saw him fly all the way to the ceiling and hover from there... so does this mean something, other than attempting to fly/stretching his wings? Just curious :)

GIF to see him for yourself: https://gph.is/2yzy0eO

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
He is exercising his wings.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Strange behavior

Hi, your bird is exercising its wings i have a few birds that do it on a regular basis for any reason food, happy to see you or it just feels good like a big stretch when you first get up they just make it look much cooler!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
pigeon behaviour

pigeon behavior can seem odd at times,but keep in mind is it is not a medical problem,or mecahical problem,-then its ok,-I have lived with/studied pigeons for 15 years..i love the way they hover,or dive bomb..when released they set their GPS by circiling,-feral pigeons are up against the environment,predators,and other hazards,-life expectancy is not good,-in the 1800s they numbered in the billions,man killed them for food and sport,just like the bison..to the point of extinction..but they have made a comeback.,hurray.--lots to know about pigeons.sincerely james waller;);)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts