Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering,,,on tv,,films, pop, videos etc,who supplies the "background"feral pigeons(as in channel 4 intro in uk,the one in block of flats with flapping washing and pigeons)are there any "actor" pigeons?or are they random,,just one of those daft things one thinks about sometimes:confused:

(lost a rescue bird today so im trying to cheer myself up a bit)

·
Registered
98 Posts
haha I've wondered the same thing so I looked into it a bit. In some movies if you look closely you can actually tell the 'background' pigeons in the park during a scene actually have their wings clipped so they stay in place! I'll point it out and try to get other people in the theater interested but no one seems to care or even notice if they try, then just look at me like I'm crazy lol
There must be a loft in hollywood where they are all kept. Little movie star pigeons haha

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was wondering about the same thing
p.s i hope the pigeoncomes home

thanks!its double trouble,,amigo is missing(i suspect shes maybe got a boyfriend and is sitting on eggs,i really hope so,im worried sick about her)the other tragedy was a little rescue bird had to be euthanized(squawky)he had a broken wing and it was infected and he was suffering badly,he was found by me and my daughter on wed,,we did what we could but sadly it was too late)

im curious about "pigeon actors"pigeons can do a whole lot of things so why not acting lol,my husbands great uncle raced pigies in stirling,he used to come here to fife on his holidays with a pigeon(his favourite)when he was leaving to go home he would release the bird and it would fly back to stirling,,when his wife saw it she knew he was on his way home,,smart bird!

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
CUTE, Keith!!

Did your "head" pijie actor get extra treats for his "work?" :D ;)

Many thanks for posting!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts