Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pictured above(hopefully) is the house I built for my two pet rescue ringnecks, Arson&Anarchy, who I've been gleefully spoiling for about a month now. As you can see, the room has windows, but they're actually under a deck, so little to no sunlight gets in, and the birds can't be relocated without 1. probably damaging carpet and 2. exposing them to the household cats a lot. So they're pretty much stuck in that location. I've built some lighting into their house--it's on a timer--but I'm not sure if I'm adequately making up for the lack of sunlight. They have a low-temp plant growth fluorescent in the top there, and the christmas lights are LEDs, so they don't heat up either. Should the plant light be enough, or is there a vitamin supplement they should be getting as well?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
No, it isn't enough to make up for natural sunlight. You can buy a calcium/D3 supplement to put in the drinking water a couple of times a week. One bottle will last you quite a while. I like CalciBoost/D3. You can get it online.
Your doves are very pretty so you want them to be healthy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts