Pigeon-Talk banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
In answer to your query, yes, you can grind up regular food very finely and mix it with water to make your own slurry. You'll just have to try it and work out a method to make it fine enough to not stick in the nozzle of your dropper. Get that working and then we'll look at some method of getting it down the bird.

Pidgey

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
In answer to your query, yes, you can grind up regular food very finely and mix it with water to make your own slurry. You'll just have to try it and work out a method to make it fine enough to not stick in the nozzle of your dropper. Get that working and then we'll look at some method of getting it down the bird.

Pidgey

what do you mean not stick in the nozzle of the dropper?

- i came home from work im waiting for my dad to come home too so i can take a picture of its beak

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Seeds have husks. When you try to grind them up, some of that husk tends to stay in larger hunks that are like gravel in concrete when you try to run it through the small hole of a dropper or a tube. The hand feeding formulas are ground so fine that that isn't a problem. Just try to make some stuff that'll work and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's quite possible, but you need to practice at it. Do you have a mortar and pestle?

Pidgey

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Im sorry guys, i just went to check on it and unfortunatly it passed away :( Thank you all for your generous help and taking time off work and helping me and my friend. But i know he did not die harshly because i would have heard him, and he looks like he was resting. Once again, i thank you guys so much for your help, we tried everything we could, unfortunatly it didnt show good enough symptoms of its disease until its too late, and still we still dont know what disease or most likely Diseases took place. i appologize if i couldnt do better , im sorry to all you guys and i pray god will forgive me if i didnt do everything i could have but i tried my best to the best of my ability and the resources that were available to me.

Edit: also , it might be possible that God made him\ or her die peacefully before tomorrow because me and my dad both have to go out of town for two days and we would have had to bring him\her with us which might add extra stress on him\her and it would have died harshly.

Edit Edit: Im going to go get something to eat and take a rest, i just noticed i havent eaten anything for about a day.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
My theory of its disease is i think it might have gotten salmanosis ( paratythoid) but didnt show any signs at all ( because it was eating every single day ) and it caused it stress which might have brought in the canker.

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Well, if you're going to keep pigeons, it's best to be prepared for that kind of thing by way of having a collection of certain medication on hand at all times and knowing how to use them. You can get the 4-in-1 medications if you prefer the convenience or get the separate drugs. You don't get Baytril in the multiple drug combos, though, and that's the most important one for Paratyphoid.

Pidgey

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'm sorry this little one didn't make it. I know you did the best you could. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we hope.
Take care.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Clint, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of this baby. Like everyone else I have been so worried about him. You know, sometimes, nothing we do can help pull them through. We have all had this happen and it always hurts. You made him a warm, comfortable bed to rest in and did try to get medicine for him so please don't be so hard on yourself.

Let us know when you get back from your trip and maybe we can all figure out what to tell you that you need to keep on hand in the future. But keep in mind, sometimes all the medicine in the world won't help.

She was very pretty. I want you to know that I appreciate all the concern you have shown for this little one. Sometimes it is tough being young and not always know what the right thing is to do but the important thing is that you did try.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
just came back from my trip :) ty everyone for all of your support. I have another bird that is his\her brother but from a previous clutch and they both look exactly the same, so atleast i know how it would have turned out and oh my what a high performing bird his\her brother is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm interesting about Adenosan from Chevita company. Maybe someone can share your experience with me... Is this good for treatment? And what is it - supplement or antibiotics? Thanx:))))

101 - 112 of 112 Posts