Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I picked up some of this floor litter so it coats my pigeons poo so they are stamping in it constantly, it was in the cat litter isle and is called Sweat Scoop, here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000084F04?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

I was just wondering what your opinions are on it, they haven't eaten it that I have noticed and my only complaint is that I have to change their water more frequently to keep it out of the water, its 100% naturally processed wheat with no clay or chemicals.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Haven't seen that one. I use bird/reptile litter in my loft and cages. I get it in 40# 'store use only' bags for $5. a bag. The vet I work for has an attached 'pet supply' for our clients, so I can get supplies at cost. It's the finely chopped hardwood. Doesn't blow around as much as the lighter litters. Just make sure there's none of those little 'scent pellets' in it. I got pure litter one time to use, and it was full of scent pellets, so I didn't dare to use it.
What's really good for caged birds is that pelleted litter made specifically for birds. It's large pellets and absorbs odors. It's good if you only have a couple birds........it too expensive for as many birds as I have :eek:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so jealous of your $5.00 hardwood lol!! Since I only have 2 ATM!!!! I will use this stuff, seems to be working really well with Oder and no dust floating around due to its weight, it is 100% free of fregrence/scent, I don't want to use pellets due to I feed pellets and don't want them mistaking it as feed.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have but they are very active and stamp all over their poop if not removed right away!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts