Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night I got a call about a little yellowish baby with it's eyes closed on the sidewalk under the elevated train overpass. I got there and didn't see anything. I walked around a bit more and spotted two babies at the corner between a large traffic box and the concrete wall. The babies looked beautiful in their hiding place with their little feathers blowing in the evening spring wind. I decided to take the babies since the were only steps from two very busy downtown streets and the parents were not around. They were a bit skinny. We were almost home when the spotter returned my call. He said "no the bird I saw was all yellow, it had it;s eyes closed, it was by the wall about 100 feet from the station entrance." With two babies on the passenger seat squeaking loudly for food I turned around. When I got back under the overpass I spotted the little yellow one. He must have fallen 18 feet or so to the sidewalk below. I picked him up and he was very cold. On the way home I held him in my hand to keep him warm. Once home I fed all three. The little yellow one was ok. No broken bones! The sweetest thing happened! One of my pairs adopted the little one and today the two others were adopted by another pair who are raising their own baby. I will post pictures when I get time.

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
I agree! Such a heartwarming story!!

Of course, updates are required!

Sending all our best with Love, Hugs and Scritches

Shi/Mr. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone :)

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Thank you for picking up and helping those darlings.
Great story.

Reti

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Its so good of you to do things like this and to actually go back and trust what the person on the phone said about that yellow baby--what a heartwarming story--thanks c.hert

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
What a sweet baby! What a lucky baby!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts