Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to switch homers to a new loft in the same area, see I have a small loft 8x4 and im looking to get a few pairs to start messing with...now my question is when I build a new loft later in the year can I have them birds come back to my new loft

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would put the birds in my loft now and build a new one then switch birds over to it and nick old loft down...would my birds go to the new loft after housing them in there for awhile

·
Registered
942 Posts
I sure hope so! That what I'm planning also. I think we will need to hold them in the new loft for a short time and then again have them spend some time in a settling cage before being able to free fly. How far will the new loft bee from the old? In my case the two would only be some 30 feet apart.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
not a problem as the loft is near the other... they will transfer to the new one if the old one is gone... you will want to give them a refresher on trapping in and coming to the feed call from the settling cage before you let them out of the new loft .

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have done it and it takes a little work, put them in the new loft were they have access to see out for sometime, then let them loft fly as normal they will go to the old loft but keep the trap closed. sooner or later they will go to the new loft when they find out they can't get back in their old one, it works better if you have some birds trained to the new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts