Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..I rescued a 2 week old pigeon(otherwise the stray cats would have had meal of it) and noticed that its right eye was bit weird but and had some yellowish dirt on it so I cleaned it out and it looked fine abit but there was still a slight swelling..that almost a month back yesterday when I checked up on it, the swelling increased..what medication is there that would help..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well if you can't get him to a vet, but you can get hold of doxycycline from a pharmacy. Then I suggest treating him with 5 mg doxy in the morning and 5 mg again in the evening. Do for 10 days, might even take longer.

Please keep us updated.
Hi Marina thanks for the advise..but visited the vet and they told me that it's just an abscess and it will either go on it's own or a lesion will be done to remove it,,they him/her an injection (zylexis) and some powder called sulprim to add in its food for 10 days..and apparently its breast bone was broken probably when it fell out of its nest but they said it's not too bad it will still be able to fly..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there,
Your bird has what's called a One eyed cold.
Its a very advanced stage of the virus judging by the photos.
If you want to save this birds eye you will need to get him to a vet.
If it's not an option the only thing you can do is wash his eye with saline solution.(saltwater).
Hi Rockin roller!! Tha is for the response but vis8the vet and they said it's just an abscess..they give him medication to put in its food and an injection
Any other symptoms? Does he have respiratory problems? Can you post a photo of his droppings? Do you have access to a vet? Can you get human meds from a pharmacy in your
Your bird may have conjunctivitis,
You should have him checked out by a vet as soon as possible.
Hey , visited the vet and they said it's just an abscess

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there,
Your bird has what's called a One eyed cold.
Its a very advanced stage of the virus judging by the photos.
If you want to save this birds eye you will need to get him to a vet.
If it's not an option the only thing you can do is wash his eye with saline solution.(saltwater).
Hi there Rockin roller!!
Visited the vet and they told me it's an abscess and it will either go on it's own or a lesion will be done to remove it,,the pigeon was given an injection (zylexis) and some powder called sulprim to add in its food for 10 days.. hope he/she gets better soon!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello All!
So he got his second shot on Sunday & they said he gained some weight..but seems the same to me, except that he's not eating as much as before and runs away from me after he's had his fill..but other than that just waiting for the abscess to burst on it's own..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts