Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know these symptoms, all happening at the same time, and lasting for 2-3 weeks?
Some of my local ferals get like this in summer, and I suspect it's a virus, but I don't really know.
The disease is not life-threatening, and birds who develop it once are almost guaranteed to get it again the following year. But with proper nutrition they get back to normal in 3 weeks or less.
I'm enclosing a couple of photos of the same pigeon with and without the symptoms.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Awww man, that looks unpleasant! At least they get better relatively quickly! The one in the first photo looks like he's got sores around his mouth too.

I don't know what it is, though; probably a virus, like you said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,629 Posts
Always hard or impossible to treat wild birds. Cuz if you add some med into the water the birds wont like the taste and go elsewhere to drink. In such situations I will recommend chlorine dioxide(disinfectant) to be added in birds' drinking water.
Such infections can be taken over by adding chlorine dioxide in drinking water(not chlorine in its pure form)
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top