Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Happy to say these Pigeons seem to be doing well :p It is a major learning curve, and I have more questions.

The male seems to not want to 'go to bed'... each night when I put him back in the cage he fusses big time, making a loud noise and walking in circles. The female is very frightened looking. Several times towards the beginning they would do it on their own. But then when he made such a fuss I let them stay out all night on their favorite perch in my living room. They seemed really sleepy after that, disoriented too... and all day would walk in and out of cage. So I have been strict again about bedtimes, but all the fussing makes me wonder what they are really saying.

when they first came i think they were really young, because they are talking much more now-- but really not certain about what it all means. can anyone help me understand pigeon talk?

SO, then, my next question is about what to do when I travel. I will be flying for 10 days across country, then later in July another 10 days, this trip by car. My options seem to be leave them in cage with someone stopping by to feed daily, but not letting them out or taking them with me. Has anyone traveled with their birds? I didnt think either of these trips were coming up.. and am totally overwhelmed about it. :(

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Sorry to say, when you have pets, that happens and you have to make accommodations for them. ESP to keep them in their routine. I had someone stay at at my home. And keep the routine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts