Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://server.myspace-shack.com/d22/img20170315143010194313.jpg
http://server.myspace-shack.com/d22/img201703151452311.jpg

Can sombody identify this lumps forming on the squabs,things jus got serious tey arent active as before, currents tey arent showing any symtomps other than fatique? maybe.
A stray pigeons made a nest near my roof top but we never noticed it after sometime,so i started feeding tem(the parents), one day i noticed a small white lumps forming but i though it wasnt so serious so i ignored it but after three days i came to check on tem as i was busy wit my work i dint feed tem(parents) as usual
i was horrified wen i saw the sqabs faces n felt sorry for the parents as tey couldnt do nothing n so here i am wating 4 ur reply:mad::(:(

·
Registered
204 Posts
http://server.myspace-shack.com/d22/img20170315143010194313.jpg
http://server.myspace-shack.com/d22/img201703151452311.jpg

Can sombody identify this lumps forming on the squaps,things jus got serious tey arent active as before, currents tey arent showing any symtomps other than fatique? maybe.
A stray pigeons made a nest near my roof top but we never noticed it after sometime,so i started feeding tem(the parents), one day i noticed a small white lumps forming but i though it wasnt so serious so i ignored it but after three days i came to check on tem as i was busy wit my work i dint feed tem(parents) as usual
i was horrified wen i saw the sqabs faces n felt sorry for the parents as tey couldnt do nothing n so here i am wating 4 ur reply:mad::(:(
Its pigeon pox. You can apply cream( made for pigeon pox)to help with the boils. But pigeon pox has no cure and will go away by itself in 4 weeks. Vitamin(specially Vitamin A )supplements for birds will help too.

''HOWEVER''They need supportive care otherwise they will die ! You need to take care of them and feed them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The baby pigeons could also have secondary infections since they are sick from pox.

You need some medications in case there are secondary infections.

Can you look at their throat with a flashlight? Do you see yellow sticky stuff?
How is the bird is it active?

I will advise you further on this once these questions are answered regarding medication and supportive care.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Yep, it's pox. You will have to wait for the bumps to dry up and go away, but it is contagious to the other birds. They may very well stop eating, and you need then to hand feed and water.
This had nothing to do with the birds nesting outside. This is caused by biting insects that are carrying the virus. Usually mosquitoes. You have to keep them out of your loft.
They do sell things to put on the bumps to help to dry them up sooner, but you need to be very careful near the eyes and mouth. They will dry up eventually on their own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
today i haved checked their throats wit a flash luckily they dont have cranker or any other sticky stuff.Damn those squabs tried to peck me tat scared the $hit out of me! but their life was on the line so i did it anyway,and about the hand feeding i dont knw the parents mouth feed them lik usual so..............should i stop tem?! n i dont knw y the parents arent infected!so i am wating 4 ur answer abt tis.ANYWAYS i m off to buys so meds from the vets.

(╭☞⌐■ ͜つ■)╭☞ Thxz 4 thi reply>

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hi there tat in my loft a long time ago I bought some very young squabs they had pigeon pox and only about 1 or 2 birds got infected but it didn't affect all my birds. This will dry and fall off by its own in a few weeks they will look good as new :)

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Doesn't sound as though you would be able to feed them yourself, so you will probably need to leave them with the parents. The pox may get so bad that the parents stop feeding, or the babies stop eating. I would watch them closely, and if they aren't getting enough to eat, then you will have to learn to hand feed fast. Feeding with frozen peas that have been defrosted and warmed, or fresh peas that have been cooked to soft, then cooled to warm will work. Not hot and not cold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts