Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my hens recently laid a very teeeny tiny egg, I'd say not much bigger than a marble but still oval.
Is this very common?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't know she doesn't have a band. This was my first year so most of my birds were given to me by club members.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Is it common? my answer is NO...I had an egg like that ½ size smaller than normal pigeon eggs and it is not fertile...I waited for 5 days and candle it, finds out its not good so I threw it away...But yours might be, so try to wait for a little while and see if its fertile...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not holding out hope for it to be fertile, I doubt it could be it is sooo small. I haven't taken it away yet because they have been sitting so dutifully and the second should be coming this afternoon which I am hoping will be normal size.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
About a month ago she had a normal size single egg but at the time her and her mate were having a hard time holding onto their nest box and they abandoned it after a few days when the second egg never came.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Normally Small eggs are associated with very young birds or very old birds. Most of them will not have a yolk sac and will not hatch. I have found there is nothing to worry about, unless it happens consistently, then you have a vitamin problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts